Maurice Banks - Assistant Director Fusion

It is with deep sadness we announce the passing of our friend, Founding Father, Board Member & Assistant Director, Thomas Maurice Banks.

Maurices idea to start a new and different drum corps came to life in January 6, 2007 when the first Fusion open house was held at the Mine Hill American Legion Post #391. Maurices kind and genuine nature came across in everything he did; loading the truck, mentoring a member or cooking for the corps. These were just a few of the things Maurice did. Maurice was an integral part of the administration setting the values and philosophies of the corps which has allowed us to be successful on and off the field.

While Maurice is no longer with us words cannot describe how he has touch and changed our lives. A man of integrity, passion and kindness he will be with us forever.

Edited by Fusion Core Administration

Maurice is missed. He was a giant in spirit, hard work, “can do”, fun and love of drum corps. Maurice did it all as an ambassador to the community he grew up in, with schools, retail and fraternal organizations throughout the region. In our first year, we found ourselves rehearsing at different Posts and lodges in at least 5 different towns. He was a passionate recruiter, encouraging the young people to experience drum corps.

Members will not forget the kick in the butt fire and passion he instilled at show time, especially when needed most – “C’mon Fusion, whatcha got??!!” … Somethin’ like that. He was a chef, and would single handedly feed the corps – so many great dishes such as, well for him a simple chicken and rice with just the right spice and kick! Those who knew Maurice take away life lessons on how to live. His spirit lives on.

Don

The members of the Excelsior Drum and Bugle Corps send our condolences to Maurice's family and friends.

Edited by ExcelsiorDBC

I'm so sorry to hear of Maurice's passing. Windsor Regiment sends along its condolences and wishes the Fusion family continued success moving forward.

Maurice was "the man!"

One of my favorite people in or out of the activity. God bless, Maurice!

There are no words to describe what a huge loss this is for Fusion. Maurice was such a big part of all our lives. There are people that come into our lives that FROM AN INSTANT touch our hearts and that was what it was like from the minute you met Maurice.

Last year our ballad "For Good" says it all.

We've all been changed "For Good" by the love and inspiration Maurice showed all of us.

I KNOW deep in my soul he will be with us in Spirit forever and I also know he's up there in heaven getting acquainted with some other great drum Corps legends smiling down upon all of us.

RIP MY FRIEND....WE LOVE YOU!!!

On behalf of all of us in the Reading Buccaneers family, I extend our sympathies, prayers and best wishes to all in the Fusion family on Maurice's passing.

There are no words to describe what a huge loss this is for Fusion. Maurice was such a big part of all our lives. There are people that come into our lives that FROM AN INSTANT touch our hearts and that was what it was like from the minute you met Maurice.

Last year our ballad "For Good" says it all.

We've all been changed "For Good" by the love and inspiration Maurice showed all of us.

I KNOW deep in my soul he will be with us in Spirit forever and I also know he's up there in heaven getting acquainted with some other great drum Corps legends smiling down upon all of us.

RIP MY FRIEND....WE LOVE YOU!!!

To my friends at Fusion Core...

Sorry to hear about Maurice. It always leaves a huge hole in the heart of an organization when someone so passionate is no longer available in person. Keep his spirit alive always with the Fusion Core family!

John Hoekstra