• 1 month later...

The years may change. But well written words of wisdom are timeless.

• 3 weeks later...

I competed in this contest but do not recall this incident. I will take the author's word for confirmation, however.

A few months later I was in Army basic training at Fort Dix. In my opinion, the Viert Nam war was one of the biggest blunders our country ever made. We lost over 50,000 killed and accomplished virtually nothing. The war was also the single most detrimental factor in the decline of drum corps. The troops are worthy of the highset honor. The politicians bear the blame.

All of that notwithstanding, the flag and country deserve respect no matter what. Those who acted counter to that brought dishonor to themselves.

The veterans organizations were responsible for creating this activity that we all hold so dear. We owe them eternal thanks for that. I look forward to the day when that is once again made clear at every drum corps event.

I competed in this contest but do not recall this incident. I will take the author's word for confirmation, however.

A few months later I was in Army basic training at Fort Dix. In my opinion, the Viert Nam war was one of the biggest blunders our country ever made. We lost over 50,000 killed and accomplished virtually nothing. The war was also the single most detrimental factor in the decline of drum corps. The troops are worthy of the highset honor. The politicians bear the blame.

All of that notwithstanding, the flag and country deserve respect no matter what. Those who acted counter to that brought dishonor to themselves.

The veterans organizations were responsible for creating this activity that we all hold so dear. We owe them eternal thanks for that. I look forward to the day when that is once again made clear at every drum corps event.

:ph34r:

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Thank you Mr. D.!! Short, succinct and TO THE HEART !!

The newer participants might still wonder why these traditions struggle to carry on..but even old accounts like this still have meaning..FOR ALL OF US!!!

Thanks to Nanci for posting this.. :thumbup:

Bring on the season!!

Pat