New Open Class Corps for 2011

BRAVO Knight Fire! Do NOT listen to those that are filled with criticism and hate.... When they are able to question, or pull down, and can do so while signing their name, and LISTING the past 5 years worth of support they have given the activity, THEN YOU SHOULD TAKE THEIR WORDS TO HEART! However, you will find they are most likely not even Drum Corps Alumni (if they are I feel sory for the group that they marched with) WE TEACH SUPPORT in this activity.... Not hatred for groups!

Edited by fleurghost

What I take issue with Sir, is that you state your "inference" as fact when you said that my website stated I was "Approved" for membership in DCI. That was an out and out lie. You were emphatic that you were factual in your statement. You never said that you made an inference from what you claimed as an "Implication". Yolu even challenged my comment of "Rumour Mill" and that you were stating "Facts"

As for my Post of "Fielding a Corps", we "Fielded a corps" last year in the SDCA and will do so again this year. The only thing that is different is our partnership with the Racine Scouts.

Gary, sometimes it's better to just leave some issues on DCP alone. Some of us understand that your the director and know what's within the organization. But then there are some that will question ever thing. For the sake of Knightfire, just take the high road.

BRAVO Knight Fire! Do NOT listen to those that are filled with criticism and hate.... When they are able to question, or pull down, and can do so while signing their name, and LISTING the past 5 years worth of support they have given the activity, THEN YOU SHOULD TAKE THEIR WORDS TO HEART! However, you will find they are most likely not even Drum Corps Alumni (if they are I feel sory for the group that they marched with) WE TEACH SUPPORT in this activity.... Not hatred for groups!

Very well said. :thumbup:

I think I might swipe that last statement for my signature.

Racine Fire KnightScouts!!!! LOL

That would be a mouthful for Brandt Crocker or any other announcer on tour. :tongue:

Edited by scsudrummer

What I take issue with Sir, is that you state your "inference" as fact when you said that my website stated I was "Approved" for membership in DCI. That was an out and out lie. You were emphatic that you were factual in your statement. You never said that you made an inference from what you claimed as an "Implication". Yolu even challenged my comment of "Rumour Mill" and that you were stating "Facts"

As for my Post of "Fielding a Corps", we "Fielded a corps" last year in the SDCA and will do so again this year. The only thing that is different is our partnership with the Racine Scouts.

GOOD FOR YOU!!! BEST OF LUCK ON THE FIELD!!! HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!!

Yes, I am a liar and an awful human being for picking up that your ad on the open class forum did infer that you were coming out and had been approved... FACT: this is the open class forum not SDCA... FACT: you are going on tour as part of the Racine Scouts...

really it's not important. in the grand scheme of things.... Like I said earlier SORRY I got where I got the inference (me got the inference, not that you inferred it) from reading something on DCP. I clearly clicked the link to your website from the DCP advertisement you had for members and forgot where I saw it... I wish you and your organization much success on and off the field

Edited by IrishPat99

Just so you are clear.... No one is hating! There seems to be a plethora of overly sensitive corps directors who worry what somebody is saying about them, when no one is speaking ill of their corps in any form, fashion, or manner. Personally, I just wanted to know what new corps were coming out this year. Nobody said a word about knightfire that deserved anyone from knightfire coming on the forum and tell everybody to stop the proverbial "RUMOUR MILL". If you are making reference to me about my drum corps experience I have been involved in the drum corps activity as marching member, staff member, corps management, volunteer support staff, volunteer driver, etc. for the past 30 years... Thanks!

Just so you are clear.... No one is hating! There seems to be a plethora of overly sensitive corps directors who worry what somebody is saying about them, when no one is speaking ill of their corps in any form, fashion, or manner. Personally, I just wanted to know what new corps were coming out this year. Nobody said a word about knightfire that deserved anyone from knightfire coming on the forum and tell everybody to stop the proverbial "RUMOUR MILL". If you are making reference to me about my drum corps experience I have been involved in the drum corps activity as marching member, staff member, corps management, volunteer support staff, volunteer driver, etc. for the past 30 years... Thanks!

The comments I wrote regarding the "Rumour Mill" were strictly preemptive in nature. Last year, a young man of 19 put up a website and stated that there was a new Corps in the Indianapolis area. The website was ladened with comments that were untrue including the comment that they were already approved for membership in DCI. The members of DCP took this person to task, so I became concerned when the possibility for misinformation about our Corps surfaced. It is hard enough starting a Corps and building it's reputation which for the past 5 years, has been a good one. We Have an incredible infrastructure. We don't Owe anything to anyone. We have come to the aide of other start-up corps and this year we are trying something that will benefit our members who wouldn't normally have the opportunity to march DCI. You say I'm sensitive. I say I am protecting our name from inferences and inuendo. I thank everyone who has posted supportive comments.