Which Corps has the Fittest Members?

what about some of the lower level corps? i've heard that their staffs run them ragged and feed them next to nothing...

• Like 1

Oh my god, thank you all knowing drum corps god for not "downing my response." I don't know what I would have done with myself if you exceptional drum corps intellect had "downed my response." Good for you that you marched. I marched as well and thanks to my experience I am well aware that any corps inside and many outside of the top 12 all have difficult tasks to perform in their shows. However, I'm happy you seem to have such a supernatural ability to determine the difficulty of everyones show...have a fun time judging everyone this summer as I enjoy there hard fought products that they display to their fullest.

Hate to break it to you bud, but the whole defending of the home team and getting irrational isn't new to DCP, and certainly doesn't make you original. I have seen the Madison Scouts many times over the past decade, but specifically back to back with corps in the upper echelon of DCI. The fact is, the Madison Scouts do not perform shows as hard as others in the top 12, and most certainly not as hard as those in the top 5 (although arguments could be made that some top 5 corps are relatively easy). There is absolutely no way that you could compare the difficulty of a crown, cadets, or cavie show to that of the scouts. The music of other corps is harder, the physical demand for the difficulty of the drill is harder, and the show design is significantly more deep. The Madison Scouts are one of my favorite corps of ALL TIME, but that doesn't mean that they have hard shows by any means (at least as of the past 5 years). What might have been hard for you as a member of the Scouts probably wouldn't be hard for someone of another corps, because remember, difficulty, especially for the performer, is based on perception.

It honestly doesn't matter what your response is, because I AM the expert.

And also, I think the Blue Devils are the most fit drum corps. They only gain between 5-20 pounds over the course of the season! With all the beer and food cravings (for obvious west coast reasons), they should at least gain 25 pounds.

• Like 4

Hate to break it to you bud, but the whole defending of the home team and getting irrational isn't new to DCP, and certainly doesn't make you original. I have seen the Madison Scouts many times over the past decade, but specifically back to back with corps in the upper echelon of DCI. The fact is, the Madison Scouts do not perform shows as hard as others in the top 12, and most certainly not as hard as those in the top 5 (although arguments could be made that some top 5 corps are relatively easy). There is absolutely no way that you could compare the difficulty of a crown, cadets, or cavie show to that of the scouts. The music of other corps is harder, the physical demand for the difficulty of the drill is harder, and the show design is significantly more deep. The Madison Scouts are one of my favorite corps of ALL TIME, but that doesn't mean that they have hard shows by any means (at least as of the past 5 years). What might have been hard for you as a member of the Scouts probably wouldn't be hard for someone of another corps, because remember, difficulty, especially for the performer, is based on perception.

wait til this summer... :whistle:

This is true

BUT

Thats in a perfect world. I honestly doubt every girl in this activity is at the same level as every other guy in drum corps. Keep in mind some girls might have the physical strength, but lack the mental strength to keep pushing. From experience i have seen girls break down far more than i have guys.

Ahh, now I've figured out the discrepancy between your posts and the real world......you haven't actually met a girl have you? Now, relatives and "internet friends" don't count.

Surely, once you've met some of the quality young women who march in most corps you'll have a better understanding of how ridiculous your posts are.

Edited by CuriousMe
  • Like 4

It's always easy for the Couchmen to say that something isn't difficult to perform. I am forever in awe of your expertise. :rolleyes:

Because remember, difficulty, especially for the observer, is based on perception...Mr. Expert. :thumbup:

Edited by adub
  • Like 1

It's always easy for the Couchmen to say that something isn't difficult to perform. I am forever in awe of your expertise. :rolleyes:

Because remember, difficulty, especially for the observer, is based on perception...Mr. Expert. :thumbup:

Its okay, my younger marching friend. I once marched in one of those easier shows as well, and thought at the time that it was one of the hardest things I had ever done, which it was...before I moved on to a larger, more competitive corps and realized that there was another level.

Take this for example - The area in which I live has many students that start at the Jersey Surf and eventually make their way to corps like Carolina Crown, Cadets, and Blue Devils. I am sure that the marchers feel that their show at Surf is very hard, up until they march at an incredible level with one of these three upper echelon drum corps. I am not sure if you have aged out, but I would recommend looking into the difficulty level of the top corps, as it will probably blow your mind!

• Like 1

Its okay, my younger marching friend. I once marched in one of those easier shows as well, and thought at the time that it was one of the hardest things I had ever done, which it was...before I moved on to a larger, more competitive corps and realized that there was another level.

Take this for example - The area in which I live has many students that start at the Jersey Surf and eventually make their way to corps like Carolina Crown, Cadets, and Blue Devils. I am sure that the marchers feel that their show at Surf is very hard, up until they march at an incredible level with one of these three upper echelon drum corps. I am not sure if you have aged out, but I would recommend looking into the difficulty level of the top corps, as it will probably blow your mind!

• Like 1

This is true

BUT

Thats in a perfect world. I honestly doubt every girl in this activity is at the same level as every other guy in drum corps. Keep in mind some girls might have the physical strength, but lack the mental strength to keep pushing. From experience i have seen girls break down far more than i have guys.

Really dude? I'll give you physical strength. That's just a fact. But saying girls aren't as mentally strong is completely false. We just show fatigue in different ways- oftentimes, guys will "break down" inside their heads, rather than outwardly. Girls sometimes will do it more openly. Drum corps is hard for everybody, and everybody needs a ridiculous amount of physical AND mental strength to get through. Both sexes can march drum corps at the same level. But I would agree with the Cavvies having some of (what I perceive as) the hardest shows and probably some of the fittest members

• Like 1