Online While On Tour

Maybe this is a stupid question, but with all the advances in electronics, do corps regularly check to see what fans are saying while on tour during the summer?

If so, are these critiques/comments passed along to the membership?

Do some corps make a point to request that users not check what people are saying?

Maybe this is a stupid question, but with all the advances in electronics, do corps regularly check to see what fans are saying while on tour during the summer?

Yes

If so, are these critiques/comments passed along to the membership?

No

Do some corps make a point to request that users not check what people are saying?

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

I'd add that members are now perfectly able to check DCP themselves, with the proliferation of iPhones and similar devices, so they can go straight to the source without relying on staffers. Some corps do ask members to avoid this and other websites, but as you can imagine it can be difficult to force.

The past couple of seasons I've volunteered off and on with the TOC corps my sister marches. Great group of people . . . I couldn't ask for a better environment for my little sis. But the staffers and volunteers can be funny about this very issue. They swear up and down that DCP is the cesspit of the drum corps community, that they would never read it, and that the kids better not either. Yet most of them seem remarkably up to date on what's been said on this forum, and they'll complain bitterly about any piddling criticism of the corps.

The funniest thing comes when these same people, without any sense of irony, say something about another corps that would probably get them banned from this website. And that happens pretty frequently. They're otherwise great, they just have an amusing blind spot when it comes to DCP.

• Like 2

I'd add that members are now perfectly able to check DCP themselves, with the proliferation of iPhones and similar devices, so they can go straight to the source without relying on staffers. Some corps do ask members to avoid this and other websites, but as you can imagine it can be difficult to force.

The past couple of seasons I've volunteered off and on with the TOC corps my sister marches. Great group of people . . . I couldn't ask for a better environment for my little sis. But the staffers and volunteers can be funny about this very issue. They swear up and down that DCP is the cesspit of the drum corps community, that they would never read it, and that the kids better not either. Yet most of them seem remarkably up to date on what's been said on this forum, and they'll complain bitterly about any piddling criticism of the corps.

The funniest thing comes when these same people, without any sense of irony, say something about another corps that would probably get them banned from this website. And that happens pretty frequently. They're otherwise great, they just have an amusing blind spot when it comes to DCP.

I have had the same exact experience with a number of corps that I have been involved with.

I saw a status the other day on Facebook from a current marching member that said "Four pages of discussion on DCP talking about our show, and not a single bad thing has been said." Yes, they are definitely aware. If they are mature enough to read/discuss/use that information, though, is up to them.