Info about guard, rifles, flags, and sabres

Everybody seems to know so much about guard and everything to do with it. I need to find out some stuff about all of these and maybe some about corps too. Just wondering if any of you peeps had some info that could help me and my band now and in the long run.

Edited by prowling_lynx089

Yep, we're here to help! Just ask your questions!

The problem is-i dont konw where to start with my questiongs. I guess in need to learn about rifles the most because we only have 3 in our guard and we dont even know the proper names for our moves-if our moves are actual moves. I guess my first question has to be if you know of any instructors in the Twin Cities, Minnesota. Or possibly you know of some camps or something that we can participate in. We are willing to do anything to help out our guard. Thank you again for your help.

okay, ive gotten a little bit of information but now im wondering about more. Is the guard supposed to wear the same uniform as the band or are supposed to have a different uniform? We currently have the same uniform minus that hats and pants plus a skirt and teardrop. What kind of uniforms is proper for guard to wear?

Is the guard supposed to wear the same uniform as the band or are supposed to have a different uniform? We currently have the same uniform minus that hats and pants plus a skirt and teardrop. What kind of uniforms is proper for guard to wear?

Careful prowling_lynx, start leaking information like that and the Old Schoolers will nab you and force you into the This Is How We Did It Cult. I've heard rumors of one called Sally the Stern that leads them, among others. ^0^ Burn, baby, burn!

prowling_lynx89,

You should really check out some DCI, USSBA or BOA videos to answer your question pertaining to "what should a guard wear?" That's like asking "What kind of car should I drive???" As you know with cars, it's "personal preference."

It is interesting that you find yourself here on a "drum corps" forum but you seem to have no clue as to what it is........very strange if you ask me. ;)^

okay, i'll watch what i say and the information that i put out there. well, i do know some stuff about all of this. I am here because i had contacted somebody to help and they said for me to check out everything here and set up some forums to get help from all of you people, which you all are doing. I have actually learned a lot in the past like week. I'm keeping in contact with my band director. He know just about all there is to know about this stuff but said that if we want to get more involved we have to do our own work and get out there and find new things because he isnt just going to feed us the information. :huh:

Hey.. just so you guys know.. this member actually emailed me first and asked for information.. I'm guessing she was shy about posting on the boards. I recommended that she come here and ask her questions and assured her people were really nice and helpful. I also recommended CGP..

I hope one of you guys is able to help her out.