Who's taking Drums

Who's taking Drums  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to get the Fred Sanford title this year

With SCV taking high drums last night, that would put as the leader in clubhouse at this point - tongue.gif

Agreed (see my revised statement above), but I do think the drums could still get held back down the road by the rest of the corps if things don't get better from the hornline pretty soon.

It is hard to win a caption if you go on 9th or 10th from the end, which SCV very well could if they don't get a lot better soon. The judges are supposed to leave room in the numbers to account for other corps that have not performed yet. Now, if SCV is in the 6th or 7th spot as a full corps I think they are in great shape for the caption award. Man they are good.

... but I do think the drums could still get held back down the road by the rest of the corps if things don't get better from the hornline pretty soon.

It is hard to win a caption if you go on 9th or 10th from the end, which SCV very well could if they don't get a lot better soon. The judges are supposed to leave room in the numbers to account for other corps that have not performed yet. Now, if SCV is in the 6th or 7th spot as a full corps I think they are in great shape for the caption award. Man they are good.

Agreed!

I saw SCV last night in the theater and I need to revise my stance on this. That drum line is amazing. Crazy good. They could absolutely win drums, even with the full corps struggling as much as they are.

The pit is not on the level as some of the others out there just yet, but man that drum line is incredible.

A good point has been raised about the front ensembles not getting much commentary. Why do you say that SCV pit is not on the same levels as others, can you expand on that? When I saw them in the lots and on the field I thought they were smoking as well as the battery. Lots of four mallet runs, great technique and very good musicality. I could listen to the combined ensemble all day.

I think that SCV and Cavies have two of the best front ensembles at this stage, followed by Blue Devils and Cadets IMO.

A good point has been raised about the front ensembles not getting much commentary. Why do you say that SCV pit is not on the same levels as others, can you expand on that? When I saw them in the lots and on the field I thought they were smoking as well as the battery. Lots of four mallet runs, great technique and very good musicality. I could listen to the combined ensemble all day.

I think that SCV and Cavies have two of the best front ensembles at this stage, followed by Blue Devils and Cadets IMO.

Agreed