Technical Issues cancel shows in 6 theatres.

I'm guessing they didnt sell enough tickets to justify the theater moving a popular movie out and a handfull of drum corps groupies in......

Actually on a Monday night thats not an issue, which is, I'm sure, why DCI is doing a Monday night show. I've been to movies on early weeknights where it has been just my son and I. In fact, the Appleton theater, where I was considering going, was one of those. We saw a kid's movie and it was me, ds and another mom and kid.

That would really suck to get to the theater to find out it had been cancelled there, especially if there isn't time to get to another theater in the area. I think the closest theater to the one we are going to is at least an hour and a half away.

That would really suck to get to the theater to find out it had been cancelled there, especially if there isn't time to get to another theater in the area. I think the closest theater to the one we are going to is at least an hour and a half away.

Yea, Appleton would either be an hour to Green Bay (I'm guessing..depends on where it is) or 2 hours to Madison or 2+ to LaCrosse.

At least the folks in Albuquerque have a show to go to tomorrow night. They won't miss anything.

• Like 1

adding to that, apparently there was a glitch that will affect all showings..

Drum Corps International was informed by our partners at Fathom Events of an audio glitch that occurred during the live satellite transmission of the DCI Austin show. The event was taped live yesterday in Texas for the "2011 Tour Premiere" cinema event.DCI Premiere Theater Event

Please note that there is approximately five minutes of audio loss in this evening's playback of the DCI event due to a global transmission issue. The audio loss occurs at the end of the event intermission—at approximately 7:55 p.m. local time.

During the audio loss, attendees will see a series of promos for the upcoming Big Loud & Live event on August 11 as well as highlights from the first half of the broadcast. At the conclusion of these video segments, the screen will go black for approximately 30 seconds before the program resumes with full audio and video.

It is important to note that the audio loss does not impact any of the competitive performances.

We appreciate your understanding.

Read more: http://www.dci.org/n...c#ixzz1PrHbSCdL

Edited by AlexL

Looks like most places have other theatres nearby. Appleton is 30 minutes from the next closest. Buffalo is 15 minutes or so away. Marietta is not bad. Layton and Albuquerque have plenty of other options. If you were going to the show in Memphis, though, you got screwed.