Music City Hype!

I think it will make a Big difference when they (MC) put their Full Field show on. They seem to have a great sound on the videos I have seen. (But recorded indoors) No one at the show has said anything about how they sounded on the field. Still lots of seadon to go.

Music City performed the entire opener, and the ballad to the show as a standstill performance in the Arc on the field, then marched "Bandstand Boogie", and just letting everyone know that Music City hasn't even had move-ins yet! :)

• Like 1

Yes, we were very pleased with the score. We only played 2/3 of the show, and we only marched the first 1/3. We were under the impression we were only exhibition and no scoring, but that turned out to not be the case. Call it what you will. And you are absolutely correct, we move in a week from this Friday. We think we are going to have a great year!

I have read this board for many years and never really entered the discussion, but as a Tennessee resident who is very impressed with how MCDC has developed, I registered just to throw out some support for them.

If I have interpreted MCDC's schedule appropriately, they haven't even had their most significant training camp of the season yet. Given the circumstances, I view the number at the Martin, TN show as insignificant. Slow and steady wins the race. This group has a great staff and what looks to be like a strong and eager membership base. I have a feeling they will do just fine come August.

Congratulations on finally doing drum corps the right way in Tennessee.

Yes, we were very pleased with the score. We only played 2/3 of the show, and we only marched the first 1/3. We were under the impression we were only exhibition and no scoring, but that turned out to not be the case. Call it what you will. And you are absolutely correct, we move in a week from this Friday. We think we are going to have a great year!

That's funny. If you guys scored a 47.6 for pretty much a stand still that means there are areas for improvement. LOL

:tongue:

• Like 1

That's funny. If you guys scored a 47.6 for pretty much a stand still that means there are areas for improvement. LOL

Absolutely! And we are excited to move in and have these kids full time. We will really "premiere" our full show at the St. Louis show on July 18th. We will have the whole show with all the music on the field at that point. We won't actually be at another show until then.

I would think that they judged the opener and not the standstill... of course, I could be wrong.... but that would make sense to me. You can't really judge a standstill unless you are just going to give a music score... so that would mean that 47.6 for 1/3 of the show would be a pretty darned good score.

I would think that they judged the opener and not the standstill... of course, I could be wrong.... but that would make sense to me. You can't really judge a standstill unless you are just going to give a music score... so that would mean that 47.6 for 1/3 of the show would be a pretty darned good score.

I'm not sure, I will try to find out. Either way, we are not worried about what we scored last night, as we thought were were only exhibition.