Music City Hype!

T.J.,

Where in Franklin are you having your all-days?

We will be at Freedom Middle School. We don't have lights, so rehearsal stops at dark. Come on out if you are close and check it out!

from what I can tell we got judged from the opener because we did receive visual scores, for me personally I considered this to be a teaser type show for the public and fans, because we didn't play the entire show, and we only marched a bit of the opener, We haven't had all days yet and we received that score, I think thats pretty decent, at the St. Louis show we will be done move ins and we will have the few holes filled, and i'm positive that after 2 weeks of all days together we will be A LOT louder! I can't wait to see the reaction of the crowds as we tour! :D

I would think that they judged the opener and not the standstill... of course, I could be wrong.... but that would make sense to me. You can't really judge a standstill unless you are just going to give a music score... so that would mean that 47.6 for 1/3 of the show would be a pretty darned good score.

It is our understanding that we were judged from the salute, so taking into account what little we marched and not playing the entire show yet, we have tons of potential the next show we play when everything is on the field thumbup.gif

Welcome to the show Music City. Forums are full of opinions....don't sweat the small stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing your show as most are. Slow and steady is great!!!! We need to continue to support the newer Open programs. The activity is shrinking (not news). The member experience is the most important thing. Slow and steady ensures solid base-line to grow. This season will showcase Open Class a little more than in the past. GREAT!!!! This season is going to be Epic for Open Class and hopefully enables stronger more robust activities.

Good Luck this Season!!!!

Congrats on your building success.

Cheers!

Doug McCarroll

Revolution Director 2001-2002

Music City scored 47.60 in Martin, TN last night. Revo 63.60 with a much smaller corps in NM. BDB & SCV Cadet are always ready for battle. Is Music City and their size just hype?

Yea. It is just Hype to answer your question.

• Like 1

I would think that they judged the opener and not the standstill... of course, I could be wrong.... but that would make sense to me. You can't really judge a standstill unless you are just going to give a music score... so that would mean that 47.6 for 1/3 of the show would be a pretty darned good score.

The corps would be judged salute to salute reguardless of what they present. There is no "penelty" for standing still or not having a complete show, you just loose the build-up in visual and in GE. As they get all the show done and clean it up, MCDC will do very well in Open class, especially with a full corps of 150.

Having grown up in Nashville, we hoped and prayed for years for a drum corps, but without one, I drove to Chicago to march. I'm glad is has at least finally arrived, and appears to be done right.

I wish them all the luck in the world, and I hope to see them on the raod this summer.

Yea. It is just Hype to answer your question.

I guess we will just have to wait and see, won't we? Come see the show and form an opinion that way. I think we will have a challenging, crowd entertaining, well-polished show. If that does not live up to someones preconceived notion of what this activity should or should not be, that's their problem. All we can do is give it 100 percent effort when we start everydays in a week.

• Like 1

The corps would be judged salute to salute reguardless of what they present. There is no "penelty" for standing still or not having a complete show, you just loose the build-up in visual and in GE. As they get all the show done and clean it up, MCDC will do very well in Open class, especially with a full corps of 150.

Having grown up in Nashville, we hoped and prayed for years for a drum corps, but without one, I drove to Chicago to march. I'm glad is has at least finally arrived, and appears to be done right.

I wish them all the luck in the world, and I hope to see them on the raod this summer.

Gotcha...that's good to know! Having grown up in Nashville myself, I could not agree with you more. Here's to MCDC!!! Have a great season y'all!!!

'