Cleanest Snare Line

Bluefan

Which Snare Line is the cleanest this year?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Which Snare Line is the cleanest this year?

• Blue Devils
    • Bluecoats
    • Cadets
    • Cavaliers
    • Phantom Regiment
    • SCV
    • Other
    • I haven't heard enough to choose

I have to agree entirely with MOM. I haven't seen either this year but to me it's like this every year. The two lines are not even comparable, Blue Devils seem to be at the cutting edge of drumming; performing the incredibly difficult music with ferocious intent. It's amazing to watch these people take drumming to this level.

SCV on the other hand is simply and entirely awe inspiring. What they play is completely musical, every note is perfectly thought out. The discipline in this line gives off an aura of supremeness and proffesionalism. I can't even look at the line and believe they are anything else than of beings of drumming.

Sorry, I sound really cheesy, I just love these lines.

Edited by Bluefan

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love BD and SCV so much just for that simple reason!

They are so different yet two sides of the same coin.

One is Polished the other is Tasty.

One is Technical the other is Refined.

I think that soon we will be lumping Mandarins in there too.

They have always played some tasty licks...just on a smaller level I guess.

Another Corps that totaly blows me away is SCV Cadets snare lines!!!

Hulka, you were in Louisville and didn't say whats up? Boo, maybe at Murfreesboro... I was there, and imo Bluecoats were throwing down. But, they do not have as demanding of a book as some of the other lines out there. I would say at Louisville, coats were cleanest by far.

Yeah, I hung out at rehearsal all day (have the sunburned face to prove it) and lurked in the lot. I'm sure we crossed paths but I was busy getting video footage. Shhh, don't tell Fiedler. :P

Friday I'll be at the Moonlight Classic spending most of my time in the parking lot checking out SCV, BD, PR, BK, Scades, Manderin, and PC. Should be a good time.

I hear PR has been talking smack about the competition. Ok...show me. Cough.

Mom

Friday I'll be at the Moonlight Classic spending most of my time in the parking lot checking out SCV, BD, PR, BK, Scades, Manderin, and PC. Should be a good time.

I hear PR has been talking smack about the competition. Ok...show me. Cough.

Mom

From what I know Phantom Regiment isn't talking smack about anyone. They are just out for a great season with a great show and great talent. Where they end up or who they beat is not the issue. Being the best they can be is!

Okey. That's refreshing news.

I'm pretty darn happy to see Phantom on the West Coast this year. I was checking out some video footage from their website. Great stuff.

Mom

B)

• 4 weeks later...

why is it that the cadets play the smae crap every year and always get credit for it. Snare solo from 2001 is the same as the solo from 02 and is also in this years show. cuz becuz becuz becuz becuz becuz.....

I hate the cadets. They should try marching while they play.

To Mr. Frostbrewed,

I agree that some Cadet parts sound the same from year to year and I also agree that the line has not moved much during some of the features. However saying that the line needs to march while they play just shows your intelligence level in the drum corps activity. First, there are new parts explored there every year in all parts of the show as well as some very challenging drill every year. I assure you that there have been PLENTY of challenging drill moves in the past few years that provided a rewarding challenge to play some of the parts at Cadets. Second, most drumlines do not move like crazy during there solos. Not all, but most do not 'run their butts off' during solos. Sometimes drillwise and show concept-wise, there isn't a point to it. Just an open minded look at it. I am surely not close minded to one corps or this activity, especially the Cadets. I easily can appreciate what everyone does, and most likely critique what everyone does. I have yet to see everyone this year but I will have my opinions. As for now, I hope to educate you a little, Mr. Frostbrewed, so that you can take a better educated look at marching percussion.