Regional Schedule

baloo

I was wondering if anybody has heard when the regional schedule for 2012 is going to be released? It seems really late this year and I know personally we need to start working on a budget so hoping to see where they regionals will be soon.

Don't know if it helps, but we have tentative dates for the Texas regionals:

Feb 18: Austin

Mar 3: Houston

Mar 17/18: Dallas (Elite Regional)

I Love how the East region does NOT get an "elite" event. :thumbdown:

It is just so clear who WGI supports in this country it's ridiculous. :thumbdown:

The USSBA circuit is looking BETTER AND BETTER every day.

There are only four elite events, and from the looks of it they are targeting the most logical areas.

• Like 1

I Love how the East region does NOT get an "elite" event. :thumbdown:

It is just so clear who WGI supports in this country it's ridiculous. :thumbdown:

The USSBA circuit is looking BETTER AND BETTER every day.

However, USSBA is still not a national circuit. It's still concentrated in the northeast and focused on scholastic guards.

I would think South Brunswick, which is currently a 2-day regional could become an elite regional. There are certainly enough guards that could attend.

and why 2 regionals in Orlando? Now does that seem fair?

There are a couple reasons why...

South Florida only has like 1 or 2 gyms that could actually hold a regional and there is no guard that wants to host it due to cost.

Its sad because even if there was a Ft. Lauderdale/Miami show, it would just look like any other SFWGA show because FFCC guards barely come down here.

There just isn't any really good turn out to have a show in South Florida.

There are a couple reasons why...

South Florida only has like 1 or 2 gyms that could actually hold a regional and there is no guard that wants to host it due to cost.

Its sad because even if there was a Ft. Lauderdale/Miami show, it would just look like any other SFWGA show because FFCC guards barely come down here.

There just isn't any really good turn out to have a show in South Florida.

Orlando pretty much the same just a S fla. and central fl. BIG XXX A show...i get it though , hardly pays to hold a regional with all the cost