BD beats santa clara in drums in CA

I havent seen Blue devils live but is there drum line really good enough to compete with Rennick's line? Just share your thoughts?

Apparently the drum judge thought so.....

Both lines are very good. BD has a better book, while SCV is a bit more tight at this stage of the game. The scores reflect that, and they have gone back and forth from night to night.

I honestly think vanguard's is much better. I think cavalier's line is better than BD's is. Vanguard should take it though in my opinion.

Both lines are very good. BD has a better book, while SCV is a bit more tight at this stage of the game. The scores reflect that, and they have gone back and forth from night to night.

One thing is for sure, BOTH their pits plan an insane amount of (exposed) notes frequently! I like SCV's percussion book better, and I personally think it supports the brass book better than Blue Devils' percussion book. But there is no argument that both percussion sections are incredibly talented! :thumbup:

BD has a better written book (or more challenging). Vanguard is executing very well, but everyone is saying that they have an easy book. I think they make it sound easy. I am sure that they can beef it up. I also think that Vanguard’s show features the Drum Line a little too much, and may not help with the overall flow of the show. (seems like the show was written for or around the drumline) In other words it seems like a show written to win drums at the cost of the overall corp. I saw both lines in the lot, and BD had a lot more dirt, but they were attempting some crazy stuff.

I could see it finishing close to last year in drums.

1) Vanguard

2) Cavies

3) Bluecoats

4) BD

IMHO BD definitely deserves the hype this year. Their battery book is much harder (as usual) and it's decntly clean. SCVs battery is cleaner, but pretty easy most of the time. As for front ensemble, both groups are KILLING it this year, but in both difficulty and execution, I give it to Devs, simply because SCV isn't executing the easy parts of the book nearly as well as the runs and exposed segments. It's real close, and for good reason. But I think the scores are telling the real story so far. As the season progresses, we'll see how it changes, it's only .1 of a difference after all! Best of luck to both corps though, I've seen rehearsal and their putting in alot of extra work. :)

Is this thread serious? It's June people, and I would suspect that most of us has seen few, if any of these lines yet. Let alone all of them to make a comparison. Save it for late July fellas.