Help! Question about Color Guard Barriers

Hi!

I was hoping someone on here knows the dimensions and materials many corps use to build the Color Guard Barriers that are placed on the front sideline to hide costume and equipment changes?

Thanks in advance!

I can't help you too specifically except to say that our panels were 5 yards in length and built using a frame of 2x4's covered in cloth and painted black. A small bungee cord secured the lower hinged portion during transport and small bags of sand were placed on the lower portion to secure the panels to the field.

Also, it seems like it's always the trumpets' job to secure the panels after shows! It was our responsibility in high school and also in drum corps though I personally did not enjoy the process of moving them onto the field which detracted from other corps traditions. They DO look nice, however!

Sorry I couldn't be more help!

• Like 1

I can't help you too specifically except to say that our panels were 5 yards in length and built using a frame of 2x4's covered in cloth and painted black. A small bungee cord secured the lower hinged portion during transport and small bags of sand were placed on the lower portion to secure the panels to the field.

Also, it seems like it's always the trumpets' job to secure the panels after shows! It was our responsibility in high school and also in drum corps though I personally did not enjoy the process of moving them onto the field which detracted from other corps traditions. They DO look nice, however!

Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Thanks for the reply.

I wonder if you could use PVC piping instead of 2X4's?

Anyone else?

The School that I teach for uses PVC! With a Heavy Duty Material! We secure them with sandbags! Ours have a Pvc down the middle of the structure to even out them balance so it's not as easy to blow away!

Email me at eric@carolinacrown.org I will send you a pencil sketch of ones that we send out to customers at The CrownSTORE that buy digitally printed vinyl (about $1 a sq ft) that wraps around the wall frames. I have personally seen these done 50 different ways and think this is the best set up. Don't use PVC.