1967 Boston Crusaders

I believe that it was Mondo Cane.

GW _ BAC

quote name='Jim Anello' timestamp='1310078755' post='3028119']

OK. I'm watching a video of Boston at '67 Legion. I can't place the name of the tune they played for concert. Can anybody help? It is not in Corpsreps.

One year in that time zone they did Promises, Promises.

• Like 1

Mondo Cane

BAC Seniors are also doing it this year

The actual title of the song is "I'll Set My Love to Music," by Franco Torti, Guido Castaldo and Nino Oliviero (that's the english title, anyway; not sure if it was translated from Italian or what). It was used as a theme song in an Italian movie from the early 60's, "Mondo Cane #2."

regards,

Fred O.

The actual title of the song is "I'll Set My Love to Music," by Franco Torti, Guido Castaldo and Nino Oliviero (that's the english title, anyway; not sure if it was translated from Italian or what). It was used as a theme song in an Italian movie from the early 60's, "Mondo Cane #2."

regards,

Fred O.

In 1966, I was in Lt. Norman Prince, and we practiced in Commonwealth Armory in Boston, right after the Crusaders practiced. When I heard them play "Mondo", especially with the sopranos doing all the rapid double tonguing, I can vividly remember saying to myself, "Holy sh-t, I'm glad I'll never have to play that!" Fast forward 45 years- I'm in the Crusaders Senior Corps, and I'm playing it now. So never say never!

One year in that time zone they did Promises, Promises.

Actually, in 1970 and 1971, "Boston's Articulate Crusaders" (BAC) played a suite from the Broadway musical "Promises, Promises" In 1970 it was "Turkey Lurkey Time" - "Whoever You Are, I Love You," - "Knowing When to Leave".

Before marching with Two-Seven, I played in St Agnes CYO band (Arlington, MA) 1967-69, directed concurrently by the BAC music director, Ed Denon. St. Agnes sometimes "test-drove" some arrangements before he extrapolated the scores from stage bands to arrangements for the G-bugles. Some examples: On A Clear Day, Persian Market, California Dreamin' and Close to You

BAC's horn line often practiced in the St. Agnes school hall after we did, and we often stuck around to listen.

(BTW, he was "Mister Denon" to us.)

Edited by Navillus WP
  • Like 1