Late season holes

Might designing drills for the number of members a corps actually has be an option?

But, when does this drill get written? Unless a corps is consistently filling up to 150 every year, you won't really know how many you'll wind up with unless you work toward a projected number. So, say the projected number shows up at all-days, gets through that but then a hole or three pops up for any number of reasons. I think it's easier to try to fill the holes through mid-July than to re-design drill that is already effective at the projected number of marching members.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, when does this drill get written? Unless a corps is consistently filling up to 150 every year, you won't really know how many you'll wind up with unless you work toward a projected number. So, say the projected number shows up at all-days, gets through that but then a hole or three pops up for any number of reasons. I think it's easier to try to fill the holes through mid-July than to re-design drill that is already effective at the projected number of marching members.

It's a distinct advantage for probably the Top 6-7 corps, being able to design drill KNOWING that you're going to be able to fill all the spots, plus take 3-4 alternates on tour, plus have every high school/college kid in the country willing to join at any time.

For the rest of the corps, it does seem that designing drill for 150 vs. your current numbers could be a very dubious, let alone dangerous, decision.

. this thread is to important to fade out this quick. So we have Cascades, Troopers, SCV, Crossmen, Bluecoats, Glassmen with possible holes does anyone else?

Get out there and march people (of age) and don't be picky about it at this time of year! Plus, I know corps will work out a discounted price for you and may even have you march for free too!

When I suggested this people blasted me for it. BTW the offer is still on the table I would march pretty much march anywhere for free and it doesn't hurt that I'm a world class vet!

Edited by GlassmenBtone

• 2 weeks later...