Is the top 12 already sorted

I agree that the twelfth spot could go to any one of four corps. Spirit, Academy,Glassmen.Crossmen. In Boston's case, in my opinion they will be moving up if anything. Nice to see that things are not already determined this early...

A lot of fans would love to see Crossmen back in Finals...me included. It's going to be painful, though, for all my other favorite corps. Right now I'm hoping for a multi-way (at least four-way) tie for 12th.

I guess there is a downside as I'm sure it is difficult for those corps fighting for that saturday night spot to miss out on possibly just tenths. That would be hard to stomach even though it is quite possibly the best fight to make finals in quite some time

In the event of such a scoring perfect storm, to the best of my knowledge, all would perform on Saturday night.

Either that, or I would be asked to pick who goes on. It's not hard to find my address to send bribes. Better safe than sorry. :cool:

PS: A nice selection of cheeses would work just as well as actual money.

I would love to see this happen. Especially with so many deserving corps this year.

Yes, I also would like to mention that I've read people shouting that Scouts can take 6th or better, yet Boston is very close behind them, and some people are saying that Crusaders have a possibility of not making finals?

Where does that put Scouts? 12th?

I see the Scouts a little bit better than 12th place. Hell, I think they will probably even move up to 9th from last year's 10th.

In any case, the battle for 6th is going to be just as tight as the battle for 12th. I think Bluecoats will lock up the top 5 with Crown, and the Cadeviliers.

It's exciting to see how close a lot of these corps are, and it's nice to see some of those semi-finalists from last year becoming more competitive. I wonder if this is in response to the introduction of the TOC?

People are only talking this way because they like Scouts' show better than Boston's. They're overestimating the impact of show likability on the scores.

I would love to see this happen. Especially with so many deserving corps this year.

And so many cheeses I've yet to have experienced.

I agree that the twelfth spot could go to any one of four corps. Spirit, Academy,Glassmen.Crossmen. In Boston's case, in my opinion they will be moving up if anything. Nice to see that things are not already determined this early...

I think that Troop may also have something to say about who is in the top 12.

I do believe the top 12 have been sorted. I think it was determined in the beginning of the season.

It will be Spirit or Troopers in the 12th spot. DCI really doesn't mention any others (13-23) in their field pass or articles.

I disagree, more so than any other era, Finals is up for grabs! My brass instructor when I marched with BK was Jason Buckingham who of course is now with the Crossmen. Anyway, he used to always say that there might be twists and turns in scores but the judges get it right at the end! I think you'll see a battle royale for 12th that will change hands down to the wire coming to Championships! It's a huge honor that all these corps have gotten so good!! What a great time for the activity!!:)

Wes P

It is absolutely not sorted. I think it's pretty safe to say that 11 of the corps are marching finals night, but the twelfth spot is wide open, and each one of those corps knows that.

Because they know that, they are all pushing for it. This kind of competitive energy is great for this activity. I actually love BK's and BAC's show, but I am still hoping that the competitiveness will make the current 12-17 place corps get even closer to those!

I do believe that the 12th spot will not be the same in all the regionals.