Interesting idea (that'll never happen)

I was thinking kinda along the same lines today but add in all WC and give them a show title. I think it would be interesting to see how the different corps would interpret the show. No use of props, no special uniforms/guard outfits, mics, synth....etc. would you get 23 completely different shows? Would corps be recognized by their choice of music and drill only?

Now that would be interesting.

Fred O.

OK, what do you think about this idea?

First TOC competition of the summer, corps perform in random order (blind draw) and all wearing identical uniforms (shorts and t-shirts, Kakkis and knit shirts, leotards (?)) I don't care as long as nothing visual exists to differitiate the corps from one another.

Use a judging panel that has been sequestered for the previous 6-7 months so they have no idea who is playing what, and see how things shake out.

Now, I know that uniforms and guard outfits do alot to establish the themes of the shows, but I think it would be cool to see the final result

(By the way, how many of you think you could identify all of the top 8 just from their sound or their marching style/program?)

I think you would need each corps to have a different arranger for their music. The corps at the top are easy to pick out just by listening to them. They each have a distinct musical footprint.