Is drum corps out of my reach?

Drum corps is only out of reach when you can't find the remote :rolleyes:

-.-

We had to march on a parking lot until this year! We finally got our practice field! Hopefully I don't get those injuries!

And then there are those knee problems that don't show up for 30 years. :thumbdown:

Take it from someone who was only 220 and 6' during my 6 corps years, drop the weight now and get in training to help prevent future issues.

PLEASE,

When you're young it's hard to imagine the daily pain from knees, take OUR word for it and be smarter than we were.

And then there are those knee problems that don't show up for 30 years. :thumbdown:

Take it from someone who was only 220 and 6' during my 6 corps years, drop the weight now and get in training to help prevent future issues.

PLEASE,

When you're young it's hard to imagine the daily pain from knees, take OUR word for it and be smarter than we were.

Haha I'm gonna have to drop the pounds if I want to enjoy my season! Thanks for all your comments!

I have been reading this topic as a lurker but wanted to say a couple things. As a corps member for 3 years I paid my way 100% all 3 years. I found a job during the school year, mowed lawns, did whatever odd job I could to pay for my dues. The best advice I can give you is to stop talking about it and just start doing it. Go mow a lawn and take that money and put it in the bank. Ask your parents if there are any jobs you can do. Start now! By the time you find a corps you will have some serious money in the bank! If you want it, then do it! Dont make excuses why you cant do it. On the field in the summer your instructors will not ever want excuses why you cant "do it" They want results. If you show that you can " do it" you will find a corps. This is what differentiates you from the average Joe blow. Motivation! Now go out there and do something about it. Talk is cheap.

I have only read a few of the posts, so not sure how old the OP is, but thought I throw this out.

My brother-in-law did this to make money:

---------

UPS is hiring individuals to work as part-time Package Handlers. This is a physical, fast-paced position that involves continual lifting, lowering and sliding packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. Part-time employees usually work 3 ½ - 4 hours each weekday (Monday through Friday) and typically do not work on weekends or selected holidays.

Package Handlers receive an hourly rate of $8.50 – $9.50. UPS part-time employees also receive an attractive benefits package. Please note that these opportunities are part-time only working approximately 17 1/2 – 20 hours per week. Employees can expect to take home between $110.00 and $150.00 each week after deductions have been taken for taxes, etc.

----------

From what I remember, the work is very early in the morning, so while it would interfere with sleep, it shouldn't interfere with anything else (I think he was still in HS, if memory serves). Plus, it has the added benefit of being a physical job, so you essentially get paid to work out. My BIL lost weight and bulked up a little while doing it, and said he enjoyed the work. I've also had friends that signed up part-time with moving companies, landscapers, and other jobs that are physically demanding to help get in shape and make a little dough.

I have only read a few of the posts, so not sure how old the OP is, but thought I throw this out.

My brother-in-law did this to make money:

---------

UPS is hiring individuals to work as part-time Package Handlers. This is a physical, fast-paced position that involves continual lifting, lowering and sliding packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. Part-time employees usually work 3 ½ - 4 hours each weekday (Monday through Friday) and typically do not work on weekends or selected holidays.

Package Handlers receive an hourly rate of $8.50 – $9.50. UPS part-time employees also receive an attractive benefits package. Please note that these opportunities are part-time only working approximately 17 1/2 – 20 hours per week. Employees can expect to take home between $110.00 and $150.00 each week after deductions have been taken for taxes, etc.

----------

From what I remember, the work is very early in the morning, so while it would interfere with sleep, it shouldn't interfere with anything else (I think he was still in HS, if memory serves). Plus, it has the added benefit of being a physical job, so you essentially get paid to work out. My BIL lost weight and bulked up a little while doing it, and said he enjoyed the work. I've also had friends that signed up part-time with moving companies, landscapers, and other jobs that are physically demanding to help get in shape and make a little dough.

That sounds like an AMAZING job. I would love to do that! I am the Original Poster and I am 15