What corps do you think a rookie should join?

I have a phobia of failure. Lol. But I will take ur advice and go for it. I am only 15. I'm just feeling the pressure because three of my close friends are in Top three corps lol. They tell me how awesome it is! Soon I will find out for myself :)

Do not let where your friends are marching feed into your anxiety. Just go for your dream. Visualize it. See yourself in a Scouts uniform, or whatever uniform you wish. When you watch drum corps on DVD and see a close up, put yourself on that field in your mind. Play that show. Stand and move with that confidence in your mind. Find out what it takes to build the strength to do it and just DO IT. It's not rocket science. Thinking about what to do (or discussing it on the internet :tongue: ) is not the same as doing it, and agonizing about what to do will just paralyze you.

So, no more excuses. You can't make a show? Fine - email corps! You don't know if you've got what it takes? Fine - talk to your friends who marched and start working on stamina and strength and practicing more! Can't decide where to march? Fine - send inquiries to multiple corps! Can't go to multiple audition camps? Fine - send in videos! I can guarantee you that persistence and informed action will take you a LOT farther than anything else - and that applies to everything, not just drum corps.

So you think they will give me the materials the day after finals?

It depends on when they have the materials ready. They could have them ready now, or they may not be ready until September or October. You won't know until you EMAIL THEM AND ASK THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTUALLY IN THE KNOW. :smile: (in other words, asking here is like wanting to hit a target with an arrow and closing your eyes before you let it fly. Get your eye on your target and aim, dangit! :devil: )

It depends on when they have the materials ready. They could have them ready now, or they may not be ready until September or October. You won't know until you EMAIL THEM AND ASK THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTUALLY IN THE KNOW. :smile: (in other words, asking here is like wanting to hit a target with an arrow and closing your eyes before you let it fly. Get your eye on your target and aim, dangit! :devil: )

Haha :) I'm going to email my top three corps right now. What else have I got to do???

Haha :) I'm going to email my top three corps right now. What else have I got to do???

Follow through after actually doing it. And don't forget to volunteer for Atlanta.

If Scouts are where you want to be then work your butt off and go march Scouts. I know that staff well and if you work hard and show you are fully bought in then you will have a very high likelihood of earning a spot in their hornline.

Do not be afraid to fail but instead commit fully and you will have a much better chance of success!!

• Like 1

Follow through after actually doing it. And don't forget to volunteer for Atlanta.

That I can't do. My friend switched to nightbeat without telling me and now tickets are sold out!

If Scouts are where you want to be then work your butt off and go march Scouts. I know that staff well and if you work hard and show you are fully bought in then you will have a very high likelihood of earning a spot in their hornline.

Do not be afraid to fail but instead commit fully and you will have a much better chance of success!!

What do you mean by bought in?

I think he means show that your are committed and focused and you will have a good chance of earning a spot!

But doesn't every person that auditions do that? If you are at the camp... Then you wanna be there.

I will just audition for the corps I feel the most at home in.