Loudest Drum Corps

That was just days before Ott died, wasn't it? I saw them about 2 weeks later in Michigan City (where they allegedly broke the glass in the press-box)

Yes, the accident was on I-55 after leaving our housing site.

what a shame, Lord only knows the influence that was lost with Jim Ott

• Like 1

The first time I heard Spirit in 1980 was at DCI Prelims in Birmingham... I had just come into the stands and met up with some corps mates. They came on the field and the initial HIT after the solo in GEORGIA left an impression I will never forget. I watched each and every corps and loved them all but the only one that may have actually scared me was Spirit!

Say what you will, but I was there in 2007, in front of the brass line (in the pit) and man, they were loud (and good)! :smile: :smile:

Say what you will, but I was there in 2007, in front of the brass line (in the pit) and man, they were loud (and good)! :smile: :smile:

So you're comparing the loudness from the brass while in the pit and many of us are speaking of loudess from mid or backfield while in the stands stands ?

Ok, gotcha, NEXT :blow:

• Like 1