People going to DCI with mobility problems

In past years I've seen several people at DCI who have problems walking like I do. I just want to tell you that I discovered there is a place that rents those scooters like you see in WalMart. For a 3 day rental it was $50, 1 week is $100, plus $30 delivery and the'll deliver it right to the Omni and pick it up. I hope its OK to recommend them here...benchmark mobility. Just do a quick search for them.

In past years I've seen several people at DCI who have problems walking like I do. I just want to tell you that I discovered there is a place that rents those scooters like you see in WalMart. For a 3 day rental it was $50, 1 week is $100, plus $30 delivery and the'll deliver it right to the Omni and pick it up. I hope its OK to recommend them here...benchmark mobility. Just do a quick search for them.

My dad is in his 70's and had some serious operations on his right knee. This is not too bad of an idea for him. I'll check it out.

I have not always been happy at all the venues for him as it was difficult to get into the stands EVEN with my assistance. Some have been better than others. I really think its bad when a stadium doesn't even have handrails to hold on to for people to climb. I don't need them, but a lot of people like my father do need them. I usually make an extra trip the day before the event to just check out the facility for this very reason.

Don't forget to check what to do with the scooter while you're in your seat and logistics of getting to/from scooter and the seat. My wife uses a walker but we rent a wheelchair for DCA because of the distance around the stadium. We have the same seats so know we can park the wheelchair under the stands behind the one vendor and they kind of keep an eye on things. Then we can use the ramp to our section.

Don't forget to check what to do with the scooter while you're in your seat and logistics of getting to/from scooter and the seat. My wife uses a walker but we rent a wheelchair for DCA because of the distance around the stadium. We have the same seats so know we can park the wheelchair under the stands behind the one vendor and they kind of keep an eye on things. Then we can use the ramp to our section.

Actually Lucas Oil has a wheelchair section where you can just drive your scooter right in and sit in it for the show. I booked my tickets in this section and you are allowed companion tickets for the people with you to sit right there with you. No need to park and walk at all.

Actually Lucas Oil has a wheelchair section where you can just drive your scooter right in and sit in it for the show. I booked my tickets in this section and you are allowed companion tickets for the people with you to sit right there with you. No need to park and walk at all.

Cool, should have thought that was your intent. We sit with our group so we take a slow walk to our seat. Thank goodness corps people are helpful. :worthy:

LOL, reminded of trying to get the wheelchair section for a Springsteen concert in Hershey, PA. It was the first one sold out.... :blink: