Breathing Gym

Pat and Sam spent chunks of the 2003 season on tour with Phantom Regiment. Phantom Regiment and Arizona Academy were the first corps to utilize their breathing program.

Breathing exercises are nothing new. In my DIV III days we stuck big pvc pipe tubes in our mouths and did very similar exercises to the breathing gym. It helped, but gave me some serious TNJ problems.

Saw a post today on Pat Sheridan's facebook page about a meeting with some medical people regarding breathing gym stuff for COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) rehabilitation

Saw a post today on Pat Sheridan's facebook page about a meeting with some medical people regarding breathing gym stuff for COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) rehabilitation

Indeed. However, much of this is not new. Dave Cooksey, DCI judge, has a background with Arnold Jacobs and a background in respiratory therapy (if I'm not mistaken). There has been a cross integration in the devices and techniques used since the 70's.

Bluecoats and Pacific Crest use it as well.