Open Class Scores not being posted?

There are thousands of kids, staff, volunteers, alumni, fans, and performers who would really appreciate the open class scores being posted here on DCP. I don't understand the inconsistency of this season compared to others...

Edited by LegendOfJ

There are thousands of kids, staff, volunteers, alumni, fans, and performers who would really appreciate the open class scores being posted here on DCP. I don't understand the inconsistency of this season compared to others...

Not exactly to sure what you mean. You can find scores and stats on the DCP Home Page / Scores and States / Overall Scores / Open Class.

You can view in two ways. Unweighted Scores (most recent score) and weighted (trending average) to show current placement. Now in the World Class Forums fans/members post scores while at the shows or grab them from the DCI website Score Page.

What bothers me more is the fact that nobody really posts in this forum at all. Perhaps we need to start slamming other Open Class corps, calling out judges and directors to get some action in this thread?

I mean, really. I can open up this page and there are literally 2 people in here when there are always at least 100 in the WC forums.

sad.

Edited by Madrid

What bothers me more is the fact that nobody really posts in this forum at all. Perhaps we need to start slamming other Open Class corps, calling out judges and directors to get some action in this thread?

I mean, really. I can open up this page and there are literally 2 people in here when there are always at least 100 in the WC forums.

sad.

Agree... Hopefully with OC corps starting tour this week more people will start posting. I know SCVC abd BDB leave this week for back East and have shows at the end of the week....

Well,

first of all, we do lack the flaming nature of the other forum. We have fewer fans, and far more reasonable ones. I actually like the lack of people here acting like the world cannot exist without their expressed opinion. Furthermore, most open class corps have a lighter show schedule than world. In fact, some have already ended their season.

That being said, DCI treats open class a bit poorly. IE Championships in Michigan City, then a travel day to Indy. We already had a thread that included what I think of MC, and I don't want to repeat it here, but even the organization does not treat Open with as much respect. Before anyone lets me know that there are large financial reasons, I understand them. DCI has made Indy their new home, except for Open Class. World is marketed poorly, but far better than Open. Try buying a Bluray or DVD from last year, or ordering one for this year. While I am at it, try watching Open class in a theater... The answer is that possibly you can see your corp on prelims, but after the champion is determined.

Bottom line, don't be surprised to have a lack of responses here. I personally prefer Open Class much the same way that I prefer college sports to professional sports. And this year seems to be stacking up to be a very good year competitively. Just a couple of points separate the top corps, and I cannot wait to see what OC gets on their next competition.

You are correct, Open Class will never get the BIG exposure from DCI as the World Class does.

Regarding DCI in Michigan City, I was upset at first but after talking to staff at both SCVC and BDB, both are excited to play to a full stadium then an empty house. It's gonna suck for us fans in the heat/sun but that's fine by me.

There are so many Open Class corps coming and going, especially here in California. We now have 2 Open Class Championships in NorCal and SoCal. Hopefully more shows get created or come back to give them maximum exposure.