Watching Atlanta on a Television

When I have music playing on the Mac through the speakers and put in headphones, the sound from the speakers stops.

I have seen the red light coming from the headphone jack.

I have wiggled the headphones to no avail.

I would call apple support. I have no problems connecting mine. I connect directly into my aux.

Mike

I just found this nice little adapter cable for the Apple Mac's

Mini Display Adapter for Mac's

-G

If you have a red light coming out of your mac's headphone jack, it means you have the optical portion turned on. To fix it, you have to quickly plug in and unplug a headphone plug. This may take 20-40 times before it works, but if you play some music, magically, one time it'll correct itself and suddenly you'll hear audio. I've seen this happen 5 or 6 times, and the only fix is quickly insert-remove, and "trick" it into turning off the digital optical audio output.

As for the Flash question, live streaming is different than buffered, uploaded videos. Our content delivery provider can't pull that one off yet, like the rest of the industry. It'll happen, but probably not until next summer.