What would you do to get your favorite corps to a higher score/placeme

Hire the best cleaner in the biz - Todd Ryan! :thumbup:

And for brass, I'd get Jimmy Elvord out of retirement.

I blinked a couple of times at the realization that there are only two weeks left.

Having a kid in contention makes a lot of difference. :) Time goes fast.

Isn't it dangerous to revamp a major part of the show for Indy? As good as the kids are, wouldn't there be a risk in trying to keep two drills in mind in the runup? Or is this often done?

There were a couple of comments about the new Cavies finale, which I'll see Sunday morning, I guess. While it's clear the other top corps have cleaned things up and closed the gap with them, did the first two times through a new drill have anything to do with them being elbowed aside at the top?

Troop - Eliminate the tarp. Get rid of all computers, cell phones, digital music players and video games for the last 10 days of the season. Go old school and never leave the practice field except to eat, sleep, and the rare restroom breaks! On the buses the percussion and horns go over every note of the music from the opening phrase to the final cut off! Not a word is to be said on the practice field except for instructor input! We did this in '79 and the results were amazing! GO TROOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Okay you've got 2 weeks to get your favorite corps a higher score/placement what would you do?

I can't get into specifics without getting into serious trouble vi-a-vis "The Company", but it involves:

1) Wads of cash

2) Large Manila (yes, from the Phillipines) envelopes

3) Ninja couriers

4) And our secret weapon - Louis the Wonder Chimp

Troop - Eliminate the tarp. Get rid of all computers, cell phones, digital music players and video games for the last 10 days of the season. Go old school and never leave the practice field except to eat, sleep, and the rare restroom breaks! On the buses the percussion and horns go over every note of the music from the opening phrase to the final cut off! Not a word is to be said on the practice field except for instructor input! We did this in '79 and the results were amazing! GO TROOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

How cool that you were all able to ditch your cell phones, computer, digital music players, and video games decades before their introduction as commercial products. :tongue:

220px-Lisa_M._Nowak.jpg

re: your photo.

I dated her in college.

Let's just say that those diapers she carried around had far different uses back then.

Like, for when boyfriend was a bad, bad, BAD little boy.

Crossmen: Rewrite parts of the drill that are obviously not working, especially in the ballad. Speed up the tempo of the opener and face the stands, not backfield. Work the mellos because they are so far the weakest section of the corp. Speed up the tempo of the closer.

full_1288311271600full-eternal-sunshine-of-the-spotless-mind-screenshot-1.jpeg

Memo: Finals Update

To: David Gibbs, George Hopkins (aka Hoppy)and Adolph DeGrauwe

Date: Today

Please be informed that the location for the DCI World Championships events planned for August 10-13 have MOVED. They are no longer in Indianapolis.

They will now be located at the beautiful Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena in beautiful Jacksonville, FL. Same dates.

See you there.