Spartans

Don't look now, but they are starting to creep up...

The Dayton Summer Classic

August 2, 2011

Place Corps Score

Open Class

1 Blue Devils B 88.750

2 Oregon Crusaders 87.900

3 Spartans 87.400

4 7th Regiment 82.900

5 Genesis 81.650

6 Legends 79.300

7 Les Stentors 66.050

8 Blue Saints 55.200

All age corps

1 Cincinnati Trad. 62.300

International

1 Jubal 75.550

Cali.

yep, Been saying, OC, Spartans, SCVC, and BDB...

Should be a nail biter...

And dependent on how Music City can clean up before their next show, we could have 5 corps fighting at the top. It's weird the parallels between WC and OC this year. Both classes, 4 corps in the hunt.....

Oh, and Cali, you can check out Jubal on video from the Atlanta show. I think they did pretty well, first time i had ever seen them.

• Like 1

And dependent on how Music City can clean up before their next show, we could have 5 corps fighting at the top. It's weird the parallels between WC and OC this year. Both classes, 4 corps in the hunt.....

Oh, and Cali, you can check out Jubal on video from the Atlanta show. I think they did pretty well, first time i had ever seen them.

I don't think MC can make up a 12-13 point gap. If this were a month ago, maybe. Now? No way.

• Like 1

Didn't know the spread was that big. When was their last show? That could skew things, I know they perform August 4th against the rest of the Open Class field.

Didn't know the spread was that big. When was their last show? That could skew things, I know they perform August 4th against the rest of the Open Class field.

They scored a 75.55 last night in Charleston. I hope they make finals. They are on the bubble right now.

This is definitely going to be a nail-biter! It's killing me that I can't make it out to finals this year (PS - cheers to my daughter - she's in the Spartans guard....yesterday at practice she took a sabre to the head and had to go to the hospital! Ended up getting three staples to the head and still managed to perform a stellar show last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

GET IT SPARTANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tip...I just checked them out and...I must say I like that corps. Kind of a cross between VK and Revo, which is not a bad thing :thumbup:

I do wish, however, they would have used more of the field...they only mostly used the front half which made much of the drill cramped. And they seemed to rush through the music...(faster, faster, faster...).

But otherwise, I love the enthusiasm and creativity. They are a spirited group that seems to really enjoy performing. Plus I always love seeing cymbals on the field (especially six!). I am a big fan of the SCV cymbal line and enjoy that aspect. AND I don't think I have ever heard "happy birthday" built into a show (not that I remember, anyway).

Good Job Jubal...

Cali.

Don't count out Revolution. I don't know that they can win, but they are poised to be the spoiler with a strong show and a dynamic drumline. They have climbed 2-3 points, per performance, since getting back on the circuit last Saturday. If I'm not mistaken, they made a 3-4 point jump from semi-finals to finals last year. This is a solid, scrappy corps that is always in the hunt and cannot / should not be overlooked.