Fan Network FAQ?

on the live webcast tab there is an FAQ link

Thanks! I found that just before I came back here to say "never mind" but I'm still a bit confused.

I guess I don't understand the billing. If I signed up for the DVD package, do I get to watch finals as part of that or do I have to pay for them at the 5% reduced rate? I'm just not clear on what I'm getting here.

Thanks! I found that just before I came back here to say "never mind" but I'm still a bit confused.

I guess I don't understand the billing. If I signed up for the DVD package, do I get to watch finals as part of that or do I have to pay for them at the 5% reduced rate? I'm just not clear on what I'm getting here.

No. Finals are not webcast live. Semi finals on Friday night ARE.

If you buy a package that includes the DVDs, they'll send you the Finals DVD in November or whenever they're pressed.

Edited by mobrien

Thanks.

Is the semi final broadcast included in the bundle or is that an additional cost?

And we're talking video here, right? not just audio?

Sorry to be so dense....

You're kidding, right? :shutup:

Yes the stream is audio and video. If you want to watch Semis on Friday, buy the Live package at $69; you can watch live Friday and see all the other shows they've recorded so far this season plus all the video archives going back to '74. If you're gonna buy the DVDs later, go ahead and buy the $159 package (otherwise, wait until next spring and you can watch the performances on the DVD as part of your 2012 package).

Edited by mobrien

You're kidding, right? :shutup:

I was a little confused because when I went through the download section it talks about audio downloads so I wasn't sure which was which. Hence the apology for being dense....

Yes the stream is audio and video. If you want to watch Semis on Friday, buy the Live package at $69; you can watch live Friday and see all the other shows they've recorded so far this season plus all the video archives going back to '74. If you're gonna buy the DVDs later, go ahead and buy the $159 package (otherwise, wait until next spring and you can watch the performances on the DVD as part of your 2012 package).

Thanks for the help - I think I'll go for the DVD package.

It's not mentioned in the lineup of features, but it is in the checklist on the bottom right of this page that if you order the DVD or Blu-Ray package you do get to watch finals as video-on-demand, though not as a stream. This was the same deal last year. And IIRC, they got out the finals videos very very quickly after the performances were over, and both high-cam and multi-cam were available. I'm assuming the multicam video on demand was different than whatever made the final DVD cut.

Below was listed originally for the 2011 Fan Network ...

Does anyone know why is the Open Class Finals no longer a option to purchase?

Also, looks you can watch Finals live if you purchase the Blu-ray or the DVD of finals?

If anyone has any extra info, thanks!!!

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=cf6d1658-b2f6-444c-aee3-3db95daa0c11#ixzz1NUCUO7uK

2011 DCI Fan Network schedule of events*

LIVE: Live Webcast

VOD: Video On Demand

LIVE—Friday, May 27, "live" webcast of the 2010 World Championship Finals

VOD—Sunday, June 19, Saginaw, TX

VOD—Friday, June 24, Muncie, IN

LIVE/VOD—Saturday, June 25, Stanford, CA

VOD—Monday, June 27, Bridgeport, CT

VOD—Thursday, July 7, Akron, OH

LIVE/VOD—Saturday, July 9, Denver, CO

LIVE/VOD—Saturday, July 16, Minneapolis, MN

LIVE/VOD—Saturday, July 23, San Antonio, TX

LIVE/VOD—Saturday, July 30, Atlanta, GA

VOD—Friday, Aug. 5, Allentown, PA

VOD—Saturday, Aug. 6, Allentown, PA

LIVE/VOD—Tuesday, Aug. 9, Michigan City, IN (Open Class World Championship Finals)LIVE/VOD—August 12 - Indianapolis, IN (DCI World Championship Semifinals)

VOD (Live+DVD or Live+BLU subscribers only)—Saturday, August 13, Indianapolis, IN (DCI World Championship Finals)

*Schedule subject to change

It's not mentioned in the lineup of features, but it is in the checklist on the bottom right of this page that if you order the DVD or Blu-Ray package you do get to watch finals as video-on-demand, though not as a stream. This was the same deal last year. And IIRC, they got out the finals videos very very quickly after the performances were over, and both high-cam and multi-cam were available. I'm assuming the multicam video on demand was different than whatever made the final DVD cut.

Yeah, the Finals VOD's were up by 8:00am PST Sunday after finals last year at the latest (when I was up/watching them). I think they only had the high cam vids initially, but once the DVD's were released the multi-cam was put up. Oddly enough, i watch the VOD's more than I watch the DVD's for some reason. I didn't order the DVD package this year with Fan Network, but I might upgrade in the next day or two if I can get Fan Network to confirm that I'll be able to get the Finals VOD's as soon as they go live.