Douglasville Ga

THANK YOU for talking about Shenandoah Sound. I have been feeling left out in all of these discussions, because everyone wants to talk about the open class corps, and who is getting to finals. We may not hit it this year, but dang it, people should know that we will soon be contenders. I am VERY proud of my group this year, especially since we have already achieved our highest score in the history of the group two weeks before finals. Wow, I might even be more proud of this group than I am of my own high school program. I can't WAIT for Reading and Rochester.

I have heard some good things about you guys, and I am proud that you are continuing to "move up." From the looks of the recaps, congratulations on beating an Open Class corps in brass!

Looking at the DCA Douglasville show this weekend I made the following observations.

Shenandoah sound this weekend was packed full of "seniors" sprinkled in the mix were some 18 to mid 20's. They did drill that was inline with the core age of their membership. The core membership would have never been able to keep pace with the visual demand that CV and Alliance had and for that I commend the visual designers for writing the book for the ability of the membership.

I think when you look at DCA overall the core age is dropping each and every year.

Our members must look older from the stands. Other than a few older soprano players most of the rest of the corps is under 18. And you are correct that our entire package is written appropriately for our membership.

THANK YOU for talking about Shenandoah Sound. I have been feeling left out in all of these discussions, because everyone wants to talk about the open class corps, and who is getting to finals. We may not hit it this year, but dang it, people should know that we will soon be contenders. I am VERY proud of my group this year, especially since we have already achieved our highest score in the history of the group two weeks before finals. Wow, I might even be more proud of this group than I am of my own high school program. I can't WAIT for Reading and Rochester.

It is good to see kids such as yourself, enjoying Virginia's corps. I saw your corps once, as I watched from the "tunnel" (so to speak) in Rochester last year. SS went on right before SoCal Dream. I was extremely happy to see a corps from the place I grew up, competing, I grew up in Fairfax County and marched HS there in the early 90s,. I wish I had a corps to march nearby at the time. 'Many of us went north to Cadets. And Crossmen...some to Bluecoats to get our jonz. But now you have a chance to march close to home...and that is a very cool thing.

I want to see Shenandoah Sound grow and do well. Your corps has a lot of talent to draw from,,and hopefully the word of mouth about the corps spreads. Particularly now that Finals will essentially be in your backyard in Annapolis. Good Luck this year and continued representing of an area long overdue for corps...

Edited by Dmlkmen

It is good to see kids such as yourself, enjoying Virginia's corps. I saw your corps once, as I watched from the "tunnel" (so to speak) in Rochester last year. SS went on right before SoCal Dream. I was extremely happy to see a corps from the place I grew up, competing, I grew up in Fairfax County and marched HS there in the early 90s,. I wish I had a corps to march nearby at the time. 'Many of us went north to Cadets. And Crossmen...some to Bluecoats to get our jonz. But now you have a chance to march close to home...and that is a very cool thing.

I want to see Shenandoah Sound grow and do well. Your corps has a lot of talent to draw from,,and hopefully the word of mouth about the corps spreads. Particularly now that Finals will essentially be in your backyard in Annapolis. Good Luck this year and continued representing of an area long overdue for corps...

Thanks. We are really looking forward to Finals being in Annapolis next year. We're hoping we can use that as a recruiting tool. We're building something special here and I think folks are starting to pay attention. Now, will MD and VA folks make the short trip to Manassas or will they continue to drive to NJ and NY for drum corps? We'll see.

Our members must look older from the stands. Other than a few older soprano players most of the rest of the corps is under 18. And you are correct that our entire package is written appropriately for our membership.

I guess I was zoning in on the sops then. I think all of them were in the late 30's to mid 50's??

Thanks. We are really looking forward to Finals being in Annapolis next year. We're hoping we can use that as a recruiting tool.

No doubt having finals in your back yard will help with recruiting. Now if we can just keep it there a few years I would say you will have yourself one heck of a corps once they have exposure to DCA for a time period.

I think they'd like your assessment of their age :tongue:

I was being cautious and generous all at the same time :)

Did I just get called a kid? That's kind of funny.

Edited by T.J. Agee