I&E Comment sheets

What do we need to do to get the I&E comment sheets? All we got were an orange score sheet with a number on it.

Bill Gullatt

The Rocketeers

If you didn't pick up your sheets, contact Dick Pronti - he will know where they are... rap48@aol.com

Comment sheets exist, but in my experience they aren't used to write comments on - other than, good, nice, great, wow, fantastic, etc - which tend to be less than helpful for analysing what to work on for next year, or illuminate why the judge thought you scored where you did and not where you thought maybe you should have.

Regards,

John

Comment sheets exist, but in my experience they aren't used to write comments on - other than, good, nice, great, wow, fantastic, etc - which tend to be less than helpful for analysing what to work on for next year, or illuminate why the judge thought you scored where you did and not where you thought maybe you should have.

Regards,

John

Here's your sign. :)

Frogive me Ed for not being as sharp as I thunk I am, but what do you mean?

Regards,

John

I was just being a little snarky. Just thinking how much work the brass ensembles and other I@E competitors work all summer long then get sheets that say the equivalent of heres your sign.

I was just being a little snarky. Just thinking how much work the brass ensembles and other I@E competitors work all summer long then get sheets that say the equivalent of heres your sign.

Uh huh.

I remember getting judged by Gus Barbaro and I had to get him to translate all the stuff he wrote. The only thing I couldn't make out on this year's sheet, the signatures, because that was about all there was on the sheeet. By the way, anyone know who the drum judges were?

John

Edited by sarnia sam

I have to agree. It just seems "some" judges (meant to mean NOT all) don't take the I&E seriously! We all practice our collective ***** off only to get some comments that are meaningless. I had a comment about my vibrato interrupting the melodic line. I play with no vibrato at all, so that comment leads me to believe that my sheet belonged to somebody else with my tag on it. Not quite fair to ANY of us participating. Of course I stand on my reasons for performing in I&E being because I just love doing what I do for people that appreciate it, but I can do that for free on any street corner! (and maybe make coffee money in the process - LOL)

I have to agree. It just seems "some" judges (meant to mean NOT all) don't take the I&E seriously! We all practice our collective ***** off only to get some comments that are meaningless. I had a comment about my vibrato interrupting the melodic line. I play with no vibrato at all, so that comment leads me to believe that my sheet belonged to somebody else with my tag on it. Not quite fair to ANY of us participating. Of course I stand on my reasons for performing in I&E being because I just love doing what I do for people that appreciate it, but I can do that for free on any street corner! (and maybe make coffee money in the process - LOL)

So was the orange sheet all there was?

Sheets are left on the registration tables for all contestants. This is announced during the contest several times. I'm sorry I don't pick them up afterward. each contestant is judged with two judgess who give one score. They are all instructed to give at least 5 helpful comments. I will demand this again next year.