Did this not bother anyone else?

No, sounds more like the Michael Boo Back Up Band :worthy:

Do you have a dalmation kilt ?

After all, you love cheese so much...did you work at Swill Swiss Colony ? :blink:

Michael, when you were born did they turn you over and think "she who will not be mentioned by name" and you were twins ?

Edist for the genkis spelling of Swiss as swill

Hey, look; it's a piano-playing cat piloting a hovercraft through the parking lot of Home Depot!

(Ducks, runs quickly for the exit while people look.)

"Mos Eisley RAMD spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

You can quote me.

No, thank you. I think I'll just stick my head in a gas range instead and hope for the best.

• Like 1

YogiBear:

You wrote in the What's on your mind? section of your profile: “What's on my mind you ask? Probably all the people who give me negatives simply because they don't want the truth. That's what's on my mind.”

Since Yogi and Boo-Boo are mutual sidekicks, please allow Boo-Boo to comment about those who “don’t want the truth.”

That's ridiculous. I'm glad the Forum Team isn't as ignorant you. Just because you have more "positives" and more "posts" doesn't make you more knowledgeable of the activity. Just means you have more time on your hands…I could have found a nicer way to write this, but i chose to be blunt and straight forward about it…

I don't have the time nor the patience to deal with twice as much band talk.

As usual, i will intervene with your arguments.

You guys crack me up. Just because you marched in a corps who won a Jim Ott does not make you "all knowing" of brass. It means your team had a more successful band sound than all the others.

I can name atleast 5 people who have a Jim Ott AND a ring who are incapable of playing their horn well, as well as being awful at hearing pitches.

Yeah they're clean musically, but last time i checked this was MARCHING band. So standing around won't win you a championship. The challenge is to move AND play.

If bandos wanted to listen to real musicians not move and play, then they'd go to an orchestra concert.

Okay, since Boo-Boo stated he would comment about those who “don’t want the truth,” here’s his advice.

Uh...hmmmm...okay, I’ve got nothing.

• Like 2

Uh...hmmmm...okay, I’ve got nothing.

But you sure got plenty of it

As usual, i will intervene with your arguments.

Would you like to find out from someone whose actually marched crown and cavaliers? Both are opposites. One is big on drill. The other is big on dance.

his name is tanner. He's one of 2 three year crown vets (07,08,09) who went to cavaliers this summer. From what i heard of the members, they say things were a tad more difficult than when they were at crown.

also,XtraordinarY wasn't on the same difficulty level as Mad World. So there's your answer. Take it with a grain of salt if you like. Just giving you some info from a members perspective.

better...I know someone that marched both places. Both demanding, just different types of demanding. and brass wise, what Crown has on paper alone blows away the parade of donuts the Cavies usually trot out.

that said, they are both demanding. just because you don't like one doesn't make it demanding.

Look, I know I;ve bagged on BD for lack of velocity. But I also recognize the show a skill long enough to show they can do it well, and then move to a new one. Still demanding, just not running playing whole notes at 200 bpm ( they like to let those not playing do the running :tongue: )

like you said. I'd choose 02 and 03 cavaliers hornline over them any day. But like you said, these are all opinions.

Yeah they're clean musically, but last time i checked this was MARCHING band. So standing around won't win you a championship. The challenge is to move AND play.

If bandos wanted to listen to real musicians not move and play, then they'd go to an orchestra concert.

standing around did win for 2 years in a row :devil:

• Like 1

Is that the DCIA apologist in you coming out? :tounge2::lol::laughing::w00t::smile::tongue::shutup:

Boy, do I miss RAMD.

No, wait. I don't miss that fetid cesspool of cranial dung at all. It's the Naugles Mexican restaurant chain that I miss.

enabler

"Mos Eisley RAMD spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

You can quote me.

sure when you give props to Sir Alec Guiness and George Lucas :tongue:

like you said. I'd choose 02 and 03 cavaliers hornline over them any day. But like you said, these are all opinions.

I thought this drum corps, and that the idea was to entertain as well as to win. Not to see how many s00per kewl 4 count moves you can cram into a show while playing generic music at an mf.

Not that that can't be entertaining. It's just that there's more than one way to skin a cat. The much maligned bando is a shining example here. They're crazy about Cavies and Crown, and don't give two s###s about how much they move.

Edited by Rifuarian
  • Like 1

Just piling on, in our interesting conversation.

I've never heard a corps that sounded "amazing" in the arc, sound bad on the field. With the exception of one corps (a specific corps and year)

Think about the best hornlines you've ever heard. They sounded good everywhere.

Think about the mediocre hornlines you've ever heard. They sounded mediocre everywhere.

I've been a part of/followed the activity since 1989. One corps out of that whole lot, is probably a good sign that good is good and mediocre is mediocre. The good corps sound good when they are moving, too. Probably because their excellence level in membership and staff, means it is easier for them to overcome this diversity.

• Like 2