Did this not bother anyone else?

Yes I do understand that, but dancing is not harder than running around a field at 200 BPM while playing unless you are doing some SERIOUS dancing at a professional level. I was refering to the dancing more as a u-turn from where the corps has been in the past more than it wasnt difficult.

Maybe its harder to get the feet out of the sound when marching but I don't know about overall. Willing to argue this from personal experience. Not to name drop or whatever but I did Blast! I had a hell of a time with the Bolero feet stuff and the chair stuff in Everybody Loves the Blues while playing and had no problems playing and moving Medea. Then again I may be more uncoordinated than most. rolleyes.gif I also marched 94 Cadets and we had this little feet thing in the middle of Mambo that I sucked at. The first couple of shows I just stood there so I could play. Most everyone else was having difficulty around me too. It took a couple of shows for me and the rest to get it. Ironically that was also some Jim Moore stuff. And no one was doing that stuff as much back then (some Phantom) and so no one really knew how to do it. But still it was HARD to play and do the choreography, at least for me. Easier for this old school guy to just march and play than dance and play.

As usual, i will intervene with your arguments.

Would you like to find out from someone whose actually marched crown and cavaliers? Both are opposites. One is big on drill. The other is big on dance.

his name is tanner. He's one of 2 three year crown vets (07,08,09) who went to cavaliers this summer. From what i heard of the members, they say things were a tad more difficult than when they were at crown.

also,XtraordinarY wasn't on the same difficulty level as Mad World. So there's your answer. Take it with a grain of salt if you like. Just giving you some info from a members perspective.

Ha...I taught Tanner at Cap Reg. As far as your point, I don't know, I can see Cavies visual book being a tad harder. I'm not really sure that proves that marching and playing is harder than dancing and playing when both do still march and dance. I understand that to you it seems that Crown dances more but its just not like its a real strong scientifically provable comparison when both have both elements.

I said for music PERFORMERS this is an awful activity. You all have selective listening. Kinda sad.

I wasted all my negative votes on Yogi....huh2.gif

• Like 3

turns out he never marched despite having a close knowledge of the Cavies. Seems to be a s00per fan that attended several camps but never made the cut.

I have a very strong feeling Yogi is telling the truth about his marching experiences. He has made some comments that lead me to believe he has, at the very least, marched one year with them. He's reference a couple things that only people that marched would have much knowledge of.

He may have indeed been the other troll as well, but here, I think we are seeing honesty about the marching experiences.

Especially if i was an outkast.

Oh my God its Andre Benjamin!!!

• Like 1

I still don't think people realize the inherent difficulty in this, and in leon's drill.

2001 Phantom Regiment... the opening note of festive overture. The people in the back right corner of that wedge... were literally, no joke, playing a full count before the beginning of the note to get it to work.

We worked on it every single day, it was ridiculously hard. Even by finals, it was a phrack fest. Playing in the open leon may drill is no cupcake walk and the way he stages the drums make listening points very hard sometimes.

But hey, they aren't doing a bunch of 2 step interval drill in contrary motion, so it must not be hard, right?

If you want to see what Leon May's drill looks and sounds like by a less experienced corps, go check out Crossmen 2010. He did them no favors by spreading them out like he does with Crown.