Did this not bother anyone else?

Yogi-

Your credibility continues to be discredited the more you try and speak on the topic of hornlines and especially with your claim to 2 hornlines that were much better.

As much respect that I have for what the Cavaliers do I would never call their strength of programming the hornline and definitely not in discussion of best lines in DCI history. There are numerous BD, Garfield/Cadets, SCV, Star and now Crown lines that I would put ahead of the Cavalier lines of 02-03. Obviously the Cavaliers are incredible at programming, effect, drumline, etc and they do play well but not at the highest level.

Since I am sure your next comment will be a negative to Crown.... Crown's hornline is their STRENGTH with their visual program seeming to be the weakest point.

Lastly, as someone that marched a pretty demanding show, it is easier to march and play at 200 bpm well than to add in the body movement and dance. Yes that is visual demand and just as demanding as marching and playing. And also playing together and well spread across the field is also demanding.

Obviously you do not like Crown for some reason but at some point hopefully you will respect the level at which they have achieved from a brass perspective. Every corps has their niche and better to give credit where credit is due.

I have to disagree. Cavaliers 2002 is in my opinion the most balanced and beautiful brass performance in DCI history, with Star 92 a close 2nd, and BD 91 a very close 3rd. To each his own though.

• Like 1

Believe me; it doesn't take posting photos for me to ruin someone's day. :ph34r:

one of the most accurate statements in DCP history

:tongue:

After reading through all five pages here are my thoughts:

Boo is funny

The Other Mike finally figured out how to post pics

Jeff is an honest man

EVERYONE wants to forget C*th*r*n*, but nobody can.

YogiBear must have been <That Guy> in corps, who irritated EVERYONE, ate alone, slept alone in the corner, was constantly picked on but never got the message, and the reason the whole corps packed up and tried to leave before he got out of the bathroom. Sounds like he was scarred for life and now he's trying to make everyone as miserable as he is.

His bravado makes me think of Mikey.

Heck, maybe he IS Mikey.

(No [/sarcasm] needed.)

Actually we really should get this Yogi kid together with Howdy. Imagine the hot air! You could tap that and heat Mt. Verd TN for the winter!

• Like 1

What was the topic of this thread again???

" should tonque depresssors be allowed in DCI ? ".

I fall on the side of " yes ".

They should be made mandatory for all Vocalists and Narrators.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

" should tonque depresssors be allowed in DCI ? ".

I fall on the side of " yes ".

They should be made mandatory for all Vocalists and Narrators.

This is like "Inception" - a thread inside of another thread

cue Hans Zimmer music...

"The mind plays tricks on you. You play tricks back! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..." - Pee Wee Herman

I think the overall point being made (and I haven't read everything posted in this thread, just a lot of it) is that it's true Crown stood often (example being the triple tonguing) and sounded the best, but they also would haul ### (such as in Paint It Black before the triple tonguing guitar set) and they still sounded the best. So their brass sounded the best... which is why they won Jim Ott.