Old Patriots Shows

Guardboy345

• 2 weeks later...

Are you wanting the music from their winter guard shows??

2003 - they used Caravan... not sure what version/arrangment.

2002 - Ballet Suite No. 4 by Shostakovich

1997-1999 they used Philip Glass music.

Anyone know where I can find a video of Patriot's 1998 Open class show? WGI doesn't seem to have it and I can't find it on the Patriots historical website either...

• 2 weeks later...

ATX - I have the 1998 Patriots show... I could make you a copy if you want... just let me know.

• Like 1

ATX - I have the 1998 Patriots show... I could make you a copy if you want... just let me know.

OH MY..Will, I have been looking for that show forever, do you think you could make me a copy, pretty please?!?

I've also been trying years to figure out WHO did the SARAH CYNTHIA SYLVIA STOUT

WOULD NOT TAKE THE GARBAGE OUT show back in the late 90's or early 2000's. I think it was a group from Michigan. They were an SA group and performed at the Mideast Regional I think at Miamisburg high school. They dumped piles and piles of garbage onto the floor during their show. It was amazing...and I'd love to know who did that show and if someone has a video!!!

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

WOULD LIKE THAT VERY MUCH, PLEASE, THANK YOU!

Searched Google, found this reference on Facebook of all places!

Lakeland High School

2001: Winter- Epiphany- Sarah, Cynthia, Silvia Stout Would not Take the Garbage Out - aka "The Garbage Show"

OH MY..Will, I have been looking for that show forever, do you think you could make me a copy, pretty please?!?

I've also been trying years to figure out WHO did the SARAH CYNTHIA SYLVIA STOUT

WOULD NOT TAKE THE GARBAGE OUT show back in the late 90's or early 2000's. I think it was a group from Michigan. They were an SA group and performed at the Mideast Regional I think at Miamisburg high school. They dumped piles and piles of garbage onto the floor during their show. It was amazing...and I'd love to know who did that show and if someone has a video!!!

I'm pretty sure they used a John Adams score one year. It was the year they won open with some insanely high score. It was sometime in mid 1990s I believe. I saw a tape of it once a few years ago. I remember it was narrated (part of the original score; not added). The voice was like a Southern preacher and it kept talking about hands. And at one point they had a bunch of small skulls (foam?) rolling around. I hope this is the right unit you were inquiring about. Patriots from Rochester, NY, right? Since they won and their score was so high, hopefully someone else can confirm I am not mixing up performances or units. Again, I only saw the show once a few years ago, so my memory might not be correct but I know it was John Adams because I used to own and love that entire recording. It was a great show.

Searched Google, found this reference on Facebook of all places!

Lakeland High School

2001: Winter- Epiphany- Sarah, Cynthia, Silvia Stout Would not Take the Garbage Out - aka "The Garbage Show"

Thanks SO much...you don't know how long I've been trying to figure that out! Now, I just need to find a video. One of the most ingenious SA shows I've seen.

I'm pretty sure they used a John Adams score one year. It was the year they won open with some insanely high score. It was sometime in mid 1990s I believe. I saw a tape of it once a few years ago. I remember it was narrated (part of the original score; not added). The voice was like a Southern preacher and it kept talking about hands. And at one point they had a bunch of small skulls (foam?) rolling around. I hope this is the right unit you were inquiring about. Patriots from Rochester, NY, right? Since they won and their score was so high, hopefully someone else can confirm I am not mixing up performances or units. Again, I only saw the show once a few years ago, so my memory might not be correct but I know it was John Adams because I used to own and love that entire recording. It was a great show.

This music Patriots used in 1998 was Heroes Symphony by Philip Glass. you can hear it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66jTYrEjs3A

It has to be one of the best IO shows ever, IMO they would have also been in the top 10 in IW that year had they gotten bumped. Yes, they did have foam mannequin heads that rolled down a shingled roof. I was lucky enough to see this show multiple times in '98. I remember seeing them at the Dayton regional, and at the end of the show the guard starts to rearrange parts of their floor (throwing papers, rolling mannequin heads, pull the tarp in different directions) and at the very end, a girl in the guard pulls a drawer out from a chest that's been on the floor and used as one of their props and she flips it upright so the audience can see inside it, and inside the drawer is an exact replica of how their floor (with the props and chaos they caused at the end etc.) IT WAS AMAZING! I'm pretty show their show was entitled "Life is but a Dream"

God, I miss the Patriots...and shows like that!

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Thanks SO much...you don't know how long I've been trying to figure that out! Now, I just need to find a video. One of the most ingenious SA shows I've seen.

This music Patriots used in 1998 was Heroes Symphony by Philip Glass. you can hear it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66jTYrEjs3A

It has to be one of the best IO shows ever, IMO they would have also been in the top 10 in IW that year had they gotten bumped. Yes, they did have foam mannequin heads that rolled down a shingled roof. I was lucky enough to see this show multiple times in '98. I remember seeing them at the Dayton regional, and at the end of the show the guard starts to rearrange parts of their floor (throwing papers, rolling mannequin heads, pull the tarp in different directions) and at the very end, a girl in the guard pulls a drawer out from a chest that's been on the floor and used as one of their props and she flips it upright so the audience can see inside it, and inside the drawer is an exact replica of how their floor (with the props and chaos they caused at the end etc.) IT WAS AMAZING! I'm pretty show their show was entitled "Life is but a Dream"

God, I miss the Patriots...and shows like that!

AHH I am dying to see this show.. i wish someone would upload it to youtube, or WGI would put sell that years shows as DVDs!!!!!