DC and WG vice versa shows

c.l.

Since we're waiting for the slow last months before the 2012 season begins, I've been pondering something of late. It's often said that you can never compare dci guards with wgi guards, they're too different and when describing the two, people will use vague adjectives describing the work "big" or "small." Soooo, there has to be a handful of dc guard shows that would've probably been better suited for the indoor arena and vice versa for winterguard. This obviously doesn't mean that one is "badly written" if they wrote it this way, just that certain design elements, staging, equipment work, mvmt., etc. reflects the other activity more so.

Here are a few picks-

(DCI) 2001 Crown-Besides the abundance of equipment, everything about this show would have worked better as a WGI show IMO

(DCI) 2011 Cavies-Amazing, but the opener staging often reminds me of a WG. This isn't a detriment at all.

(WGI) 2005 Logan-Either way. It's intense, awesome, fast at times...I could totally see this in a drum corps show (even though it's HS)

(WGI) 2003 Fantasia-Not necessarily for much, just that the work is LOUD and the costuming is akin to something you would see in a 2011 drum corps...

I know this is ridiculous, but can you come up with any (hopefully better than mine)? These are just off the top of my head.

Not sure what it is your asking?

and

Sorry, what I'm trying to say (it's kind of hard to be honest) is if they are any DCI shows that would go well as a winterguard show and vice versa for a WGI show...

Don't apologize. I've been wondering too :) The 2 venues are different yet similar. I have fan network subscriptions to both DCI and WGI. In 2011 I watched SCV and wondered how the ballad had a stately horn and drum line in the background while the guard was twisting and turning in the foreground with texture and emotion. It was as if I was seeing the best of both worlds during that moment in time :D