Super 8

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the music from Super 8 would go well as a DCI ballad?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, which corps would you like to see do it?

• Blue Devils
    • Cadets
    • Carolina Crown
    • Madison Scouts
    • Colts
    • Bluecoats
    • Other

Mike, you're brilliant.

Maybe the money my kid's making from promoting this movie could go towards putting up a corps for a few nights, mid-season.

He's tried to get me to watch the movie; should I bother?

But I'll be sure to watch closely when his royalty checks start coming in.

Yeah, I wish I was getting royalties from this. It's a great movie, and, answering your question, you should see it.

Mike, you're brilliant.

I keep trying to tell you people that. :shutup:

Still laughing.

Typical Boo.

Ain't nothin' "typical" about this sick puppy.

• Like 2

Yeah, I wish I was getting royalties from this. It's a great movie, and, answering your question, you should see it.

I see it came out this past summer. I've got to be honest about having never heard of it, but it got an 82% rating from 254 reviews counted by Rotten Tomatoes.

I see it came out this past summer. I've got to be honest about having never heard of it, but it got an 82% rating from 254 reviews counted by Rotten Tomatoes.

Well, maybe I'll succumb to the pressure...

The Kid's got a pretty good ear so I'll be interested to listen to the score to see what he calls appropriate.

Maybe I don't want to know...

• Like 1

Well, maybe I'll succumb to the pressure...

The Kid's got a pretty good ear so I'll be interested to listen to the score to see what he calls appropriate.

Maybe I don't want to know...

Trust me, Garfield...the stuff you won't want to know about a teenage son goes far beyond what he thinks is appropriate music for a drum corps show. Just think of some of the things you did at his age. No, better yet; DON'T think of that. You would end up locking him inside his room until he turns 30.

• Like 1

Trust me, Garfield...the stuff you won't want to know about a teenage son goes far beyond what he thinks is appropriate music for a drum corps show. Just think of some of the things you did at his age. No, better yet; DON'T think of that. You would end up locking him inside his room until he turns 30.

Yes sir, I know this routine. I also have a 30 year old son and went through those trying times. Thank goodness my "Meh" factor is higher than 15 years ago!

I was actually a tame kid, marching band, girls, and flying is all I had time to do. Only two of those three was I any good at (except that time in the attic with Marci...but I digress shutup.gif)

I repeat to my kids what my Dad always said to me when I threatened to be like him: "You could do worse!", he'd say. Followed up with "The older you get, the smarter I'll get."

I can only hope, and keep my two-by-four "convincing stick" handy...

• Like 2

Yes sir, I know this routine. I also have a 30 year old son and went through those trying times. Thank goodness my "Meh" factor is higher than 15 years ago!

I was actually a tame kid, marching band, girls, and flying is all I had time to do. Only two of those three was I any good at (except that time in the attic with Marci...but I digress shutup.gif)

I repeat to my kids what my Dad always said to me when I threatened to be like him: "You could do worse!", he'd say. Followed up with "The older you get, the smarter I'll get."

I can only hope, and keep my two-by-four "convincing stick" handy...

For the record, I say that everything that is said in this post is true, except for two things: 1) The 2x4 convincing stick and 2) Marci?

I can also say that I'm glad the 2x4 is collecting dust in the attic and that I probably don't even want to know who Marci is :big hug: , so I won't ask. :shutup:

• Like 1

For the record, I say that everything that is said in this post is true, except for two things: 1) The 2x4 convincing stick and 2) Marci?

I can also say that I'm glad the 2x4 is collecting dust in the attic and that I probably don't even want to know who Marci is :big hug: , so I won't ask. :shutup:

Smart boy.

Go to bed.

• Like 1