Super 8

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the music from Super 8 would go well as a DCI ballad?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, which corps would you like to see do it?

• Blue Devils
    • Cadets
    • Carolina Crown
    • Madison Scouts
    • Colts
    • Bluecoats
    • Other

Just wondering if anyone who has seen Super 8 would think if the music is good for DCI. Feel free to post comments.

Edited by garfield's_kid

Funny this topic came up. I just rented this Movie on my iPad and watched it on a flight and was thinking the same thing. Its a very catch tune. Thou I think the BlueStars could pull it off too...

My Favorite track is "Family Matters", goto iTunes and look up Super 8 soundtrack and click on the sample for "Family Matters" :worthy:

Just wondering if anyone who has seen Super 8 would think if the music is good for DCI. Feel free to post comments.

I saw that in theaters when it first opened, but I don't really remember the music. It's Giacchino, right? His stuff is usually pretty great. Given the tone of the movie (nostalgic for 80's Spielberg movies), I would guess the soundtrack might be vintage John William's sounding which might be cool for drum corps

I love Giacchino's stuff. I saw a marching band do his Star Trek theme. it worked PERFECTLY on the field. So cool. I haven't seen Super 8 yet though.

Great movie! I was so absorbed by it, I can't say I remember the music.

But I can already picture the drum corps show featuring random magnets pulling instruments out of player's hands, plus glimpses of SOMETHING blurring by in the corners of the field that the audience can't quite get a full look at until near the very end....! :blink:

Great movie! I was so absorbed by it, I can't say I remember the music.

But I can already picture the drum corps show featuring random magnets pulling instruments out of player's hands, plus glimpses of SOMETHING blurring by in the corners of the field that the audience can't quite get a full look at until near the very end....! :blink:

Oh my gosh. What a show. But who do you think would do the best at it?

I've always found the music in the lobbies to be rather generic...and nothing as catchy as the Motel 6 theme.

waterbury-super-8-motel.jpg

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 2

I've always found the music in the lobbies to be rather generic...and nothing as catchy as the Motel 6 theme.

LOL Mike you read my mind. When I first say the post title I thought wohoooo....no more gym floors.

• Like 1

Mike, you're brilliant.

Maybe the money my kid's making from promoting this movie could go towards putting up a corps for a few nights, mid-season.

He's tried to get me to watch the movie; should I bother?

But I'll be sure to watch closely when his royalty checks start coming in.

• Like 2