WHICH DVD SHOULD I PICK

Happy Friday!

Ok, guys, this is my first post. Can anyone tell me which DVD has the most or/best drum solos? I saw everyone's advice on getting the 2008 Countdown but I really love the drum solos. They always seem too short! Anyone have any suggestion? Thanks!! :)

Edited by MARLENE

Happy Friday!

Ok, guys, this is my first post. Can anyone tell me which DVD has the most or/best drum solos? I saw everyone's advice on getting the 2008 Countdown but I really love the drum solos. They always seem too short! Anyone have any suggestion? Thanks!! :)

If you're looking for pre-written solos, I can't help you. But if you're willing to take the time to combine some different shorter tricks, get "ScoJo's Lick of the Week." Scott Johnson, the BD percussion instructor :bluedevil: , goes through some "Licks" that he wrote, which basically means really awesome tricks that you can do with a snare. He combines all kinds of rudiments, and invents some, too. :bigsmile:

If you're looking for pre-written solos, I can't help you. But if you're willing to take the time to combine some different shorter tricks, get "ScoJo's Lick of the Week." Scott Johnson, the BD percussion instructor :bluedevil: , goes through some "Licks" that he wrote, which basically means really awesome tricks that you can do with a snare. He combines all kinds of rudiments, and invents some, too. :bigsmile:

Thanks, Anthony, I just saw it online. Really nice. Out of what's in DCI store, is there a DVD you would pick which you thought had the best drum solos? .....or is that an impossible task?

Marlene, do you mean best drum features from a DCI year?

Thanks, Anthony, I just saw it online. Really nice. Out of what's in DCI store, is there a DVD you would pick which you thought had the best drum solos? .....or is that an impossible task?

Right now, it's an impossible task. Honestly, I just watch what my Dad buys for me to watch. I don't really look at what's for sale.

Yeah. I absolutely love when they feature the drums alone. I don't have one DCI DVD of my own and this Christmas, I'm buying at least 1 of them. For sure I'll be getting the 2008 Countdown because everyone posted that it was amazing. There's just nothing like DCI. I got addicted when my best friend married someone who used to play in the brass section of the Drum Corps and after I saw one of his old DVD's, it's been part of me ever since. I'm ruined!!! tongue.gif

Yeah. I absolutely love when they feature the drums alone. I don't have one DCI DVD of my own and this Christmas, I'm buying at least 1 of them. For sure I'll be getting the 2008 Countdown because everyone posted that it was amazing. There's just nothing like DCI. I got addicted when my best friend married someone who used to play in the brass section of the Drum Corps and after I saw one of his old DVD's, it's been part of me ever since. I'm ruined!!! tongue.gif

I bought SCV Percussion: 1969 - 1999 CD and often play it on my CD player at work with headphones on my ears; my productivity increased and the office noise decreased :smile:

YES! About 2-3 years ago I saw someone's DCI DVD (MY FIRST DCI TASTE) thumbup.gifand there was a piece that had an amazing drum portion but I can't even remember who it was.......Blue Devils, I don't know. At this point it's an eeny, meeny, miny moe. I was hoping some drum fanatics like me would be able to give me some direction. blink.gif Thanks!