Judges vs. Audience

Maybe it really is time for an entertainment caption???

I'm perfectly entertained by Excellence of all kinds.

General Effect is SUPPOSED to capture this attribute already. That you (or other audience members) disagree as to the degree by which the judging community takes YOUR OWN IDEA OF ENTERTAINMENT into account is just part of being human.

Now, if you want to add applause meters, audience participation, texting, etc, that's fine....as long as it's only used to break a tie!

I agree with the judge's first decision. They should have stood their ground. The audience will get bored with them as athe show progresses and from a percussion point of view, they were good but not great.

I agree with the judge's first decision. They should have stood their ground. The audience will get bored with them as athe show progresses and from a percussion point of view, they were good but not great.

"Good" is being gracious. This was barely high-school level performance from a percussion level. But that's good, I suppose, because I'd rather they be training to protect their country than practicing rudiments or technique.

Still, I'd stack our Commandant's Own against that line any day. Put them on that stage and the crowd would explode. You can clearly see the drum corps influence that's barely developed in the Brits.

They were clapping the whole time. For every little move... I bet if they did some of the stunts wgi drumlines did, they would crap their pants.

It's like entertainment minus the blue man group..

Fixed :)

"Good" is being gracious. This was barely high-school level performance from a percussion level. But that's good, I suppose, because I'd rather they be training to protect their country than practicing rudiments or technique.

Still, I'd stack our Commandant's Own against that line any day. Put them on that stage and the crowd would explode. You can clearly see the drum corps influence that's barely developed in the Brits.

Well... these guys are playing in one of the bands... it seems... not THE band.

are a bit better.... crazy that they play with white gloves on. They're great live though, saw them when they toured the US in maybe 88??

"These guys" were indeed much better! Terrific!

Don't have you to love the guy with the Scottish bass drum wearing a fur bear wrap over his shoulders? Could start a trend. :cool:

Edited by wvu80