Mini-corps standings

Thank You,:thumbup: "Erie Thunderbirds". Glad to see you have kept records on the "Mini Corps Show" over the years. Keeping "History Alive" for all to see.

I gave many of my things to George up in Hudson Falls, NY. He had a bar with Lot's of Drum and Bugle Corps memorabilia (mine from the '60s). I wonder what happened to all that stuff. (DCN, DCW, Eastern Review, Corps Show Programs, Pennants, Buttons, ETC). I no longer live up there and he has passed away. (RIP, Great guy.)

Although it May or May Not, have anything to do with this thread.

I think it should be made clear the D.C.A., Does NOT have a "Mini Corps" or a "Alumni Corps" - "DIVISION". This and some other recesnt posts on DCP seem to think that they have them.

YES, D.C.A. does SPONSOR a "Mini Corps Show" (which should also have the word "Spectacular" in its name), and an "Alumni Corps Spectactular" (which should also have the word "Classic" in its name) each year at the "DCA World Championships". BUT, they are no different than any other SPONSORS, of like shows. Yes, they do have rules and other things that determine, WHO may be in them. What they can do. What size and some other things. They may be different than another SPONSOR would have for a show. But, That's it.

So maybe some one from D.C.A. could CONFIRM. D.C.A. only has "ONLY TWO" Divisions; 1 - Open Class Division, and 2 - Class A Division.

Edited by 2B or not 2B

What is the difference? There are sheets, there are rules, there are judges. It is part of DCA weekend, and groups of folks work hard to entertain and to get a score. Okay, so the field is a little smaller and made of plywood.

Whatever the 'Mini Corps Show' was, it has evolved a bit and is now a Minicorps Competition. A serious venue where some folks step up and throw down just as if they were on the field if not more so. Hard to hide in an eighteen man hornline. I guess until there is no Minicorps Division until there is more then one DCA sanctioned show.

Until that time maybe we should adopt the tagline; 'Minicorps: We don't need no stinkin division!'

• Like 3

Until that time maybe we should adopt the tagline; 'Minicorps: We don't need no stinkin division!'

EPIC WIN!!!! :worthy:

• Like 1

While it may not have the name "Division" that is probably what it needs. If there is enough interest it would be great to be able to break it into two divisions. Rookies and Legends! While we are only in our second year, this will be our first year in mini corps. Just the honor to be in the same competition as Star United, Minni Brass, Ghost Riders and all of those who have made it what it is will make it worth the hard work and effort!

here is an archive that needs some recent updating,............

Mini Corps Archives

Here is the balance of the years:

Scores Mini Corps 2008

Star United 98.33

Mass Brass 97.17

Golden Eagles 95.17

Music City Legends 94.23

Ghost Riders 93.00

Minne Brass 91.67

Thunderbirds 91.67

Capital Brass 84.33

Amoskeag Sound 81.00

Outlaws 81.00

Crossmen Xtreme 77.83

Scores Mini Corps 2009

Star United 97.83

Mass Brass 93.50

Music City Legends 93.50

Ghost Riders 93.17

Golden Eagles 92.17

Minne Brass 92.00

Skyliners 85.67

Vigilantes 83.00

Freelancers 82.00

Capital Brass 77.00

Gulf Coast Sound 75.33

Generations 73.67

Cincinnati Traditions 68.83

Scores Mini Corps 2010

Star United 99.50

Ghost Riders 98.00

Mass Brass 95.33

Golden Eagles 93.67

Freelancers 93.33

Minne Brass 91.67

Vigilantes 86.50

Sine Wave 85.50

Skyliners 79.33

Marksmen 71.00

Scores Mini Corps 2011

Star United 100.00

Ghost Riders 97.67

Minne Brass 95.33

Mass Brass 92.67

Freelancers 88.50

Racine Kilties 81.33

The Centurions 73.83

What is the difference? There are sheets, there are rules, there are judges. It is part of DCA weekend, and groups of folks work hard to entertain and to get a score. Okay, so the field is a little smaller and made of plywood.

Whatever the 'Mini Corps Show' was, it has evolved a bit and is now a Minicorps Competition. A serious venue where some folks step up and throw down just as if they were on the field if not more so. Hard to hide in an eighteen man hornline. I guess until there is no Minicorps Division until there is more then one DCA sanctioned show.

You got that right!

• Like 1