Troopers Seek 2 Trumpets 1 Tuba

Hey All,

The Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps are looking for 2 Trumpet players and 1 Tuba player for the 2012 season. If you missed or weren't able to attend auditions, here is your chance to get into a World Class Corps.

If you are interested, please email me at: thompsonky@cwu.edu

Don't let this opportunity to march a really cherished corps pass you by!

Kyle Thompson

Brass Caption Head, Troopers

www.troopersdrumcorps.org

Edited by KyleThompson

I'll do it! Oh crap, I'm 56. Never mind.

Seriously, Troopers were my first exposure to drum corps in the very early 70's. For that they will always have a special place in my heart. And, I really enjoyed the show last year. Looking forward to seeing them again at DCI Minnesota!

This is a solid position for a good, young tuba player!

The tuba line is instructed by Paul Nesper. He has a very solid, musical background.

The Troopers Tuba Section is one of the few groups to have a Horn Seargent from the Tuba Section, and there is strong leadership in the rest of the section, as well.

Good instruction, good peers, a summer you will never forget, and an exciting show design.

If you are of age and capable, you should be emailing Kyle, as you read this!

• Like 2

Any word on if they've filled out the hornline yet?

• Like 1

Any word on if they've filled out the hornline yet?

Since they posted the need for 2 trumpets and 1 tuba 28 hours ago and probably didn't have a camp in that time, I'm going with no.

• Like 4

Since they posted the need for 2 trumpets and 1 tuba 28 hours ago and probably didn't have a camp in that time, I'm going with no.

Lets remember something though. "Filling the line" is not the same as it was 15 or even 10 years ago. Just because they have 3 spots that are not contracted does not mean that they don't already have the bodies to do it. Corps do "callbacks" (sometimes for months) in an effort to hold out for the very best talent. My suggestion is that if a person is really interested, they should not wait to contact the corps about an auditon. You never know, they might have a few "callback" or "alternate" people on the bench that might just get a call between now and the next camp to say "ok fine, we're tired of waiting. You've got the spot". Don't just assume that the corps is hurting and "oh you've got plenty of time because they haven't filled the line yet". Get on it or you might not have it!

Edited by bmjfelts1988

Camp this weekend - I'll be cooking for the corps along with some other volunteer alums and parents. I know there are some new folks coming in to see if they can fill the spots, but the more the merrier!