United Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps

The United Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps is once again hosting its annual Open House on Sunday March 18, 2012. We will be practicing our new music and performing our entire repertoire. We invite our musical friends to come and join us for that “Drum Corps Experience” We are gearing up for our annual [...]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorps...rps-open-house/

• 2 weeks later...

United Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps is currently in the middle of some exciting musical changes and would like you to check us out this Sunday from 1pm to 4pm in Brantford,Ontario at North Park Collegiate.

This year United has decided to head in a different musical direction and will eventually be replacing its entire repertoire within the next year or so. The corps’ new program will consist of Birdland, When a man loves a woman, Percussion Feature “Burlesque” and a former 1976 Dutchmen tune “The sun goes by”. All of our new music is concert style numbers composed by our brass instructor George Parkinson and written to raise the musicality bar in the brass line in an entertaining way. Mark Lewis is as well taking the percussion line in a new style direction and is looking to increase the snare and quad lines. George would love to build the lead soprano and baritone sections.

United is looking at hosting regular once a month rehearsals in Brantford if we can get the interest from perspective members from Southern Ontario. United is what you would say “Park and Play” style with no drill to be learned and has a moderate parade and show schedule. Please don’t hesitate to check us out in Brantford on Sunday and chat with Mark, George and our members.

United would like to build on what we feel are positive changes. United is the place to be.

For more information check out the website http://www.unitedalumni.com/

Rob.

Best of luck with your season and I an very sad that the Canadian scene for majors has collapsed. I wouldn't be surprised if Boo knows the history, but I honestly don't know what happened - soccer, basketball, baseball? I saw most of the major Corps in the 80s. I would love to see a Canadian comeback. I would also like to see a Mexican prescence. They have a great brass tradition. Plenty of the Mariachi players have good chops. Why not?

Kevin