Question for Selden Alumni....

Andyroo

I'm compiling an archive of old contest scores from 1921 through 1979. I have about 3,800 contests (juniors and seniors) listed so far.

I have many references to Selden, but they say "Selden Cadets," "Selden Lancers," and "Selden Golden Lancers."

Which of these are correct, and for what years? Any information you can provide will be helpful in ensuring the accuracy of this archive.

Andy

I'm compiling an archive of old contest scores from 1921 through 1979. I have about 3,800 contests (juniors and seniors) listed so far.

I have many references to Selden, but they say "Selden Cadets," "Selden Lancers," and "Selden Golden Lancers."

Which of these are correct, and for what years? Any information you can provide will be helpful in ensuring the accuracy of this archive.

Andy

Andy, Sorry to be so long responding to this inquiry. Give me a couple of days and I will get you as much info as I can about "Selden". We are the Selden Cadets Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps a/k/a the Selden "Golden Lancers" and The Selden Cadets. All are the proper name(s) for the corps. Also an excellent source of scores for the corps is on our alumni website. www.seldencadets@yahoo.com our webmaster Paul Auster also has compiled a list of the corps scores. His email address is on the website.

Irene Allan

Business Manager

Andy, Sorry to be so long responding to this inquiry. Give me a couple of days and I will get you as much info as I can about "Selden". We are the Selden Cadets Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps a/k/a the Selden "Golden Lancers" and The Selden Cadets. All are the proper name(s) for the corps. Also an excellent source of scores for the corps is on our alumni website. www.seldencadets@yahoo.com our webmaster Paul Auster also has compiled a list of the corps scores. His email address is on the website.

Irene Allan

Business Manager

Many thanks Irene. Any information you can provide in terms of contests and scores will be much appreciated. In the meantime, I'll visit the website and see what i can glean from there.

Thanks again...

Andy

Andy,

Irene is right about the Selden site for this information and if you're out and about with Cabs Alumni you might run into Frank Buscemi, Selden Alumni, BHOF. Frank goes back to 1954 with the Selden Cadets. My time with the corps, we were the Selden Cadets Golden Lancers. The Fleetwood albums have it both ways depending on who compiled the info for the cover. The original organization actually goes back to 1949 I believe as a fire department band.

Good Luck with your project.

Here's a link to the Selden site:

http://www.seldencadets.org/09_Selden_Cadets_history.htm

Edited by gsksun4