DCI Promo Video

Hi.

For the PBS broadcast in 2000 DCI had some great videos explaining what drum corps was all about. The best was one that explained the different sections of the corps and what they were all about. It started with a girl from SCV's guard saying "it gets really hard sometimes" and went on to explain pretty much anything a prospective member would want to know about marching.

Does anyone have any idea where I could get a copy of that video? I'd like to use it for recruiting purposes.

Cheers

Grandpa.

Thanks! The second two are pretty close, although they don't explain the sections, they would be great for a presentation. But being on youtube, is it possible to capture them into a powerpoint presentation?

I know there are ways to download youtube videos... do you want to give the presentation somewhere that has an internet connection? If there is internet, you can just put the link on a powerpoint slide, and you can click the link and it will open the website (in this case, whatever video the link is to)

this is not an official DCI video, but does explain the sections

• Like 1

That's brilliant! I love it!

Now - how do I embed it into a powerpoint presentation? I'll be doing this in a few places so there's never a guarantee of a connection....

looks pretty simple once you have the video on your computer: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/embed-in-or-link-to-a-video-from-your-presentation-HA010374729.aspx

do a google search for "downloading youtube videos" and there should be some options to get the video from youtube to your computer

Edited by soccerguy315
  • Like 1

Have you tried contacting the DCI offices? They might be able to supply you with the exact video you are looking for, or even some acceptable substitutes. They may also be able to give you some helpful hints on the recruiting process from their experience.