La Criss - La Crosse

My little birdie friend at Troop says they have changed almost their entire show. New drill, new order (yes, they rearranged the order of their show!), new key signatures and music changes, new preshow...etc. Something like only the last 1:48 of the show is the same.

Gotta love that they aren't going down without a fight.

I love their show concept but yeah it didn't really grab me like last year's did. Good for them for taking a bold risk!

I don't think the spread will be quite that large between Crown and the Coats. Maybe three points or less. Coats had a pretty good jump the other night with their new changes, and they've had a few more days to rehearse it. Looking forward to seeing how it all works out tonight!

I think you are right, and the Predictometer is wrong. Just tweaked it to cough up scores instead of spreads. Here's the predictions:

World Class

1. 84.24 Carolina Crown

2. 80.14 Bluecoats

3. 78.05 Boston Crusaders

4. 73.25 Blue Stars

5. 70.78 Glassmen

6. 70.09 The Academy

7. 69.70 Troopers

Open Class

1. 76.51 Legends

(I realize those scores are mostly impossible. I've not added the round-to-the-nearest-twentieth logic yet.)

• Like 1

I don't know. I didn't see Bowling Green but almost everyone who was there and posting felt the new (some parts, anyway) and improved 'Coats show dominated musically as well as drill-wise and garnered the best crowd reaction. Yet Crown, who observers said committed some errors, still easily took 1st. Is the Crown show that much better? In which case Crown may still come out ahead tonight and in Minneapolis by quite a few points.

<div><br></div><div>These things are so subjective so please bear with me in my response! Although I love the Coats show this year, I am one of those people who thinks that what Crown is attempting is unmatched in demand (see how subjective that is!). I think the difference in scores right now might be related in some part to the content and sheer risk of what Crown is doing. Coats could surprise this year, but at this point in the season, I think execution is comparable, and Crown has the better vehicle.</div><div><br></div><div>Rebuttals are welcome!</div> Edited by Kevin.
  • Like 1

These things are so subjective so please bear with me in my response! Although I love the Coats show this year, I am one of those people who thinks that what Crown is attempting is unmatched in demand. I think the difference in scores right now might be related in some part to the content and sheer risk of what Crown is doing. Coats could surprise this year, but at this point in the season, I think execution is comparable, and Crown has the better vehicle.

Rebuttals are welcome!

No rebuttal. I will leave that to those who are more well-versed in show demand and execution. Obviously I am a Bloo fan and I love UnMasqued and what the 'Coats are doing with the show theme and its deeper message, but I understand where you're coming from. Crown's show is beautiful and the corps deserves all of the accolades it is getting. However, I would like to see the gap tightening up among all of the corps from top to bottom in order to make things more exciting as the tour nears Indy.

satisfied.gif

Edited by KC4Bloo

Really looking forward to hearing how Troopers changes work. Anybody at the show tonight with updates?

• Like 1

No rebuttal. I will leave that to those who are more well-versed in show demand and execution. Obviously I am a Bloo fan and I love UnMasqued and what the 'Coats are doing with the show theme and its deeper message, but I understand where you're coming from. Crown's show is beautiful and the corps deserves all of the accolades it is getting. However, I would like to see the gap tightening up among all of the corps from top to bottom in order to make things more exciting as the tour nears Indy.

satisfied.gif

Really ?

This is the kind of stuff everyone is complaining about.

The sheets and the criteria say nothing about keeping it close. But it happens none the less.

If crown should be 5 pointing bloo, then that's what it should be. No reason to put them closer for excitement sake.

Bluecoats are quite abit behind from a demand and design standpoint. The show is put together very nicely and doesn't have any blatant mistakes, other than a general safeness, to the visual and musical design. Seems written to not fail. Instead of written to challenge at the top.

Nothing wrong with that. I see bloo right where they are right now. But could possibly fall off later as other groups get cleaner. Bloo already looks like late July good at the show they have.

Really ?

This is the kind of stuff everyone is complaining about.

The sheets and the criteria say nothing about keeping it close. But it happens none the less.

If crown should be 5 pointing bloo, then that's what it should be. No reason to put them closer for excitement sake.

Bluecoats are quite abit behind from a demand and design standpoint. The show is put together very nicely and doesn't have any blatant mistakes, other than a general safeness, to the visual and musical design. Seems written to not fail. Instead of written to challenge at the top.

Nothing wrong with that. I see bloo right where they are right now. But could possibly fall off later as other groups get cleaner. Bloo already looks like late July good at the show they have.

Gotcha.

I don't believe I was complaining. I was merely asking a question because I haven't seen Crown's show more than a couple of times. And I was predicting a similar outcome tonight if the judges keep seeing what they're seeing. Those who obviously know more than I do have given me some answers, which I appreciate.

Thanks for your honesty.

Really.

And...Go Bloooooo!

Gotcha.

I don't believe I was complaining. I was merely asking a question because I haven't seen Crown's show more than a couple of times. And I was predicting a similar outcome tonight if the judges keep seeing what they're seeing. Those who obviously know more than I do have given me some answers, which I appreciate.

Thanks for your honesty.

Really.

And...Go Bloooooo!

I don't think you were complaining either, and I don't think you're off the mark at all. Bloo definitely have a great show that could surprise in the weeks to come, and I bet you know more about this stuff than you give yourself credit for! thumbup.gif Tight scores = excitement and that's fine by me! Good luck to all corps tonight!

Edited by Kevin.

I don't think you were complaining either, and I don't think you're off the mark at all. Bloo definitely have a great show that could surprise in the weeks to come, and I bet you know more about this stuff than you give yourself credit for! thumbup.gif Tight scores = excitement and that's fine by me! Good luck to all corps tonight!

Thank you. And yes, good luck (on this Friday the 13th) to all of the amazing corps tonight. I hope at least one drum corps fan who plans to attend will be kind enough to provide updates for those of us unable to be there. Looking forward to hearing about the Boston Crusaders' show in particular. I hear good things and haven't seen them in the mix yet (at least with the 'Coats). If not, then there's always tomorrow via Fan Network!

Edited by KC4Bloo