Corps Banquets

This might seem silly but I'm really unsure and hope maybe past corps members and/or parents could give some feedback....

Who goes to the corps' banquets after finals? I know they are for the marching members and staff but do parents also go?

I see that the cost varies between different corps - some are quite expensive; upwards of $100 per person. And, they are anywhere from 3-4 hours long!

Thanks

It tends to be mostly members and staff, but in my experience parents are always welcome. I've been to two different corps banquets; neither one had anything near a $100 charge to attend - that sounds like the banquet is designed to be another fundraiser. And while I completely understand the need to do fundraisers pretty much all the time, that seems high.

A 3 to 4 hour length is not unusual - most corps will have all their age-out members give speeches, which can take quite a while.

I believe some corps even invite alumni to attend if they'd like

I've gone to a few Cadets ones recently. Didn't eat/drink and didn't stay the whole time, and stood in the back. Nobody seemed to mind.

one corps i was a part of had their banquet in november around the time auditions started again. it was different seeing members outside of the rehearsal atmosphere and what people looked like "in real life"

the other actually had a large dinner during finals week where age outs got to pick a server to serve them, awards were handed out, and members got to do impressions of the staff. it was a lot of fun and helped people relax going into the hardest week of tour. rookies also got their piece of corps memorabilia/"jewelry"

Thanks all

Banquets held in Indy following finals is a great idea for the mm

I figure a weekend in Indy costs @$2000 - airfare, hotel, car rental, tickets, meals - so wasn't sure whether to keep spending and go to the banquet

probably will!