March my age-out?

Look at it this way...you've got the rest of your life to work and earn money. You have ONE more shot at marching junior corps before that chances is gone forever.

No brainer, IMO.

^What he said. Teaching positions are not restricted by your age, marching DCI is. More notches in your DCI belt also make your teaching resume better. You have the finances, it's a no-brainer really. Also, while not guaranteed, the likelihood that you will make significant contacts that can further your instructional career while on tour is pretty high as well.

I marched corps in 08 and thought i would march the next year(i was 16 and in high school) the next year I had no money so i didnt march. I really missed everything about it and decided to do 3 years of WGI in an Independent Open group (trumpet player gone bass drum). I too am turning 21 in less than 2 months. I teach at 2 different high schools and after watching so many videos it was an easy choice. I WILL MARCH MY AGEOUT. If you dont you will always regret that one shot you had. Im taking all the money i make from teaching to pay for half of corps. I just hope i make it where i want to go.

This is a no-brainer.

March.

Money will come and go all of your life. Simetimes you will have enough, sometimes you won't. That's just how it is.

If that's the only thing holding you back, then I would agree with everyone else and just march.

I didn't march my age out. However, it had nothing to do with money. I simply didn't want to march and knew I wouldn't be a positive contributor if I did march. So I skipped my age out. The world didn't end, and I have never regretted that decision. For me, there was no question though. I was just done. You don't sound like you are done yet. If you aren't done marching, then go march your age out.

MARCH! You're only 21 once in your life. You have decades of life ahead of you. Thousands of people wish they could march. But for one reason or another they can't. It's a no-brainer to me.

Can you live with the "what-if"?

being too old to march anymore, i find myself all the time wishing i was still eligible to march and escape "real life" but that quickly passes and i think about the experiences i did have and that can never be recreated. i think if i didn't march my age-out, which i almost didn't, i would be sitting here thinking to myself "what-would have happened if i had marched?" the regret of not making the most of my eligible time would probably be hard to deal with sometimes