Parking in Indianapolis?

Someone asked me about parking for finals week near the stadium. if I recall, you cannot park in the stadium lot. Is that correct?

Where is the best place to park? I have no idea what to tell them. We never drive once in Indy.

Ideas?

There are several other lots within a short walk of the stadium, including one right across the street on the north side of LOS. Parking doesn't seem to be that big of a problem with this venue (and the prices are reasonable; I think I paid $15 last year, which is dirt cheap for an NFL venue).

Someone asked me about parking for finals week near the stadium. if I recall, you cannot park in the stadium lot. Is that correct?

Where is the best place to park? I have no idea what to tell them. We never drive once in Indy.

Ideas?

Unless something has changed this year, you can park in the stadium lot. It does fill up, though. Plenty of parking in garages and on the streets around the stadium once the stadium lot is full.

Hubby and I considered staying rather far from the dome this year and had decided that if we did, we were just going to take a cab and not drive/park over there. So a cab might be a good choice... it might be a little more expensive, but might save a lot of hassle. Sorry, I know you asked about parking but that's just another thought.

We stay really close and use hotel parking and just stay parked there and walk. It's added to our hotel bill. I'm not sure if that garage is available to non-hotel guests or not. It's close to Staybridge, Holiday Inn and Comfort. Good luck and enjoy the shows!!

I have attended Finals in Indy for the past few years and I have never had any issues parking in the Dome parking lot. If you arrive on time, there are always plenty of parking spaces in the main lot. You have to think, they are used to huge NFL events so the smaller crowd for the DCI finals week doesn't touch the numbers they normally have. Again, if you arrive before the event, just park in the main lot.

I usually attend Semis and Finals and always watch all of the corps. If you are the type that just wants to watch the top corps and arrive later then you may run into some issues.

Hope that helps.

We stayed at a hotel about 1/2 mile away and just walked the whole time, except when we went to visit the Indy Zoo. Indy is a pretty pedestrian-friendly city it seems.