A Big Thank You to All DCI Performers and Staff This Year

I can't remember a year where I would want to re-watch so many corps on the Fan Network and BluRay/DVD. It's easy to find great things in all of them, no matter where they placed or where I thought they should place.

Blue Devils: Thanks for putting out a production that never bored me for a second. It's one of maybe 3 shows I can say that about in DCI history.

Carolina Crown: Thanks for performing my favorite brass book in 20 years. Simply phenomenal.

Phantom Regiment: Thanks for the awesome arrangement of Turnadot. Takes a special group to put that together and pull it off in performance.

Cadets: Thanks for all of the simultaneous music and marching, and once again taking music I usually loathe and making it into something I looked forward to hearing.

SCV: Thanks for demonstrating that you're ready to hit the big time again. I feel a 96-99 buildup coming on.

Bluecoats: Thanks for putting out a brilliant production, and easily my favorite ballad of the year. Stunning.

BAC: Thanks for doing Mahler 1! I've been waiting for so long for somebody to do it, and it was wonderful. Loved how polished the whole production was.

Cavaliers: Thanks for pumping up the brass amplitude, especially the trumpets. I foresee better things for you next year.

Madison: Thanks for the blend of sophistication and power. Loved the arrangement of Pictures mixed with a bunch of DCI classics.

Blue Knights: Thanks for the unique take on a drum corps staple piece like Firebird. Some of my favorite visual ideas of the year out there.

Spirit: Thanks for the amazing brass sound. Loved the arrangement and performance of all of the Guys and Dolls stuff you played.

Crossmen: Thanks for putting out your best production in many years. Pop music CAN work, and you showed it. Loved the buildup to the maltese cross impact, and the soft ending!

Blue Stars: Thanks for taking some visual risks. Beastly drill that you performed the heck out of, and a fun arrangement of New World.

Glassmen: Thanks for doing an awesome piece like Saint-Saens' Organ Symphony justice. Hard to imagine a better fit for that piece in a show.

Academy: Thanks for the performance quality when attempting such a challenging show. I got tired just watching all of the simultaneous visual demand with that brass book.

Pacific Crest: I didn't see this until semifinals for some reason. I was surprised by the sophistication of the program, and the performance level. Future looks promising. Can't wait.

Colts: Thanks for the whole show, but especially the last 5 minutes. Something special going on there with the buy in of the performers. Could tell they were loving performing that.

Troopers: Thanks for taking a big risk with a show rep that seemed pretty uncharacteristic for you. Copland's lesser known stuff is some great music, and really hard to pull off. Well done!

Jersey Surf: Thanks for doing what you want to do, having a great time doing it, and inviting the audience in to enjoy it right along with you.

Mandarins: Thanks for the preview of the new unis, first of all. :) I liked the visual program a lot and the music was fun.

Cascades: I was impressed by the improvement from the beginning of the season to the end in all captions. I wasn't expecting it to grow that much. Great things to come for you guys. Love, a native Washingtonian.

Pioneer: Thanks for telling a story but staying focused on some great music. Easily my favorite musical production from you guys in years, and a great peformance!

I made short audio-visual-my-impression notes while watching semi-finals on FN. Your Thanks to the 2012 corps statements are awesome :thumbup:

I can't remember a year where I would want to re-watch so many corps on the Fan Network and BluRay/DVD. It's easy to find great things in all of them, no matter where they placed or where I thought they should place.

Blue Devils: Thanks for putting out a production that never bored me for a second. It's one of maybe 3 shows I can say that about in DCI history.

Carolina Crown: Thanks for performing my favorite brass book in 20 years. Simply phenomenal.

Phantom Regiment: Thanks for the awesome arrangement of Turnadot. Takes a special group to put that together and pull it off in performance.

Cadets: Thanks for all of the simultaneous music and marching, and once again taking music I usually loathe and making it into something I looked forward to hearing.

SCV: Thanks for demonstrating that you're ready to hit the big time again. I feel a 96-99 buildup coming on.

Bluecoats: Thanks for putting out a brilliant production, and easily my favorite ballad of the year. Stunning.

BAC: Thanks for doing Mahler 1! I've been waiting for so long for somebody to do it, and it was wonderful. Loved how polished the whole production was.

Cavaliers: Thanks for pumping up the brass amplitude, especially the trumpets. I foresee better things for you next year.

Madison: Thanks for the blend of sophistication and power. Loved the arrangement of Pictures mixed with a bunch of DCI classics.

Blue Knights: Thanks for the unique take on a drum corps staple piece like Firebird. Some of my favorite visual ideas of the year out there.

Spirit: Thanks for the amazing brass sound. Loved the arrangement and performance of all of the Guys and Dolls stuff you played.

Crossmen: Thanks for putting out your best production in many years. Pop music CAN work, and you showed it. Loved the buildup to the maltese cross impact, and the soft ending!

Blue Stars: Thanks for taking some visual risks. Beastly drill that you performed the heck out of, and a fun arrangement of New World.

Glassmen: Thanks for doing an awesome piece like Saint-Saens' Organ Symphony justice. Hard to imagine a better fit for that piece in a show.

Academy: Thanks for the performance quality when attempting such a challenging show. I got tired just watching all of the simultaneous visual demand with that brass book.

Pacific Crest: I didn't see this until semifinals for some reason. I was surprised by the sophistication of the program, and the performance level. Future looks promising. Can't wait.

Colts: Thanks for the whole show, but especially the last 5 minutes. Something special going on there with the buy in of the performers. Could tell they were loving performing that.

Troopers: Thanks for taking a big risk with a show rep that seemed pretty uncharacteristic for you. Copland's lesser known stuff is some great music, and really hard to pull off. Well done!

Jersey Surf: Thanks for doing what you want to do, having a great time doing it, and inviting the audience in to enjoy it right along with you.

Mandarins: Thanks for the preview of the new unis, first of all. :) I liked the visual program a lot and the music was fun.

Cascades: I was impressed by the improvement from the beginning of the season to the end in all captions. I wasn't expecting it to grow that much. Great things to come for you guys. Love, a native Washingtonian.

Pioneer: Thanks for telling a story but staying focused on some great music. Easily my favorite musical production from you guys in years, and a great peformance!

I love how positive this is! So refreshing after a wonderful season. :thumbup: :thumbup: