Best shows to educate rookie fans

I do believe that if Star stayed in existence which it most certainly could have financially, they would have kept their staff the way it was with a few new faces to take over for the older ones once they decide to retire.

My guess, you are not aware that " Star exists "... nor that they still perform, nor that they compete with other Corps, nor that they win still, nor that they still play music that you appear to like from 19 years ago still. This is why DCP oftentimes can be a font of information to help rectify misconceptions that we sometimes hear.

As a very healthy and robust Mark Twain once replied in Europe on his travels there re. a newspaper published report back in the US that reported his death. He told the European reporters that gathered there : " Gentlemen, the reports of my death are greatly exaggerated "

Edited by BRASSO

A couple corps from each decade. 1974 Santa Clara Vanguard, 1975 Madison Scouts, 1976/78 Blue Devils.

Then, 1980 Bridgemen, 1984 Garfield, 1987 Santa lara Vanguard, 1989 Phantom Regiment.

For the 90s: 1992 or 1995 Cavies, 1993 Star, and 1995 Madison.

For the 00s: 2000 Cavaliers, 2008 Phantom Regiment, and maybe 2009 Santa Clara Vanguard or Blue Devils

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who has posted show suggestions! I have seen some of them... will take time to see all of them. Please feel free to add more because I will watch...and I'm sure others are benefiting from this list. I am also excited to be introduced to some new composers along the way. I do have one other question: I know that corpsreps lists the repertoire played in the shows but is there some place I can see an explanation of the show's theme? Some kind of brief description similar to what one finds in the souvenir program at dci events? I bought one this year and found it very helpful as I watched the 2012 shows.

Of the shows I've seen so far, these are standouts already:

Crown '08

Scouts '95

Star '90

Cavs '02

...but I'm just getting started! You know it's really fun to be a new Drum Corps fan!